Upcoming opponent BC now 0-3, loss to Toledo tonight | The Boneyard

Upcoming opponent BC now 0-3, loss to Toledo tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
But but but Goodman tweeted that Toledo is very good this year.

Reaction Score
I'm really going to be disappointed if Ollie doesn't give BC the Detroit treatment and empty the bench in the last three minutes when we're up 50.

Press them until the clock ticks to 0:00. We want blood.

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to explain to the guys the special importance of this game.

He also needs to tell them that Uconn went 23-0 against BC in the last decade.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Wish they were 3-0 when we beat them,there messing with our RPI and SOS.

Reaction Score
Haven't gotten a ton of RPI help thus far.

It looks like we're not going to get any.
Maryland, BC, Indiana, maybe Florida, Stanford. All these teams are not what they wanted to be coming into the year.
Temple and Rutgers are going to give us less than we expected too.

Reaction Score
Ollie needs to explain to the guys the special importance of this game.

He also needs to tell them that Uconn went 23-0 against BC in the last decade.

No, no, no... it was MORE than a decade. From February 1988 to January 2001. From the Reagan Administration to (almost) the Bush Administration... the Bush 43 Administration, that is. 23 in a row, tying the longest such streak in Big East history.

With no offense to BC's current players, some of whom were in elementary school when DeFilippo lied in October 2003, we really can't beat this team by enough.

Reaction Score
Maryland, BC, Indiana, maybe Florida, Stanford. All these teams are not what they wanted to be coming into the year.
Rutgers eeked out a 1-point win over Yale tonight. RPI or not, I was rooting for the Elis.

Reaction Score

Yup. We're going to have to be nearly flawless to get a #1 seed. Like Gonzaga last year.

Reaction Score
When you have a final four type team you don't care what the RPI is. Just dominate and win. If you are worthy then a 3 seed or a 10 seed does not matter. (What seed was George Mason?)

This team is deep and it's still November. By March this team is China deep.

Thank God for KO and GA. It's been a tough year FB wise, obviously.

Reaction Score
I want to start our "second" squad against BC just to see how much better our bench is over their starters.

Then put the regulars in at the first TV TO and watch them light up the sky like the 2nd coming of the Globetrotters while the BC starters are hunched over grabbing their shorts out of breath.

Let's nuke these b*tches.

Reaction Score
Those who think we're going to beat them by 40 are going to be disappointed. BC isn't good, but they aren't bad, either. All three of the teams they have lost to so far have been potential tournament teams, and they were in every game. If UConn starts thinking they just have to show up to win, that could be a problem.

Reaction Score
Those who think we're going to beat them by 40 are going to be disappointed. BC isn't good, but they aren't bad, either. All three of the teams they have lost to so far have been potential tournament teams, and they were in every game. If UConn starts thinking they just have to show up to win, that could be a problem.

We're in big trouble. Big big trouble. Doomed.

Reaction Score
BC isn't terrible, they've just put together one of the dumbest schedules I've ever seen

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
BC isn't terrible, they've just put together one of the dumbest schedules I've ever seen
I'm thinking the next game is against Boston University. Like BigErn said this is bad mojo! People's hatred of BC and the ACC shouldn't make fans get ahead of themselves. I'm sure the players are focused on Sunday's game.

Reaction Score

Apparently ESPN isn't giving BC much of a chance.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400496852

The second-to-last paragraphs states: "UConn next hosts Boston University in the tournament's second round on Sunday. The Huskies then head to Madison Square Garden on Nov. 21 to face Boston College, and will play either Indiana or Washington in the title game on Nov. 22."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom