Upcoming Basketball Season - what do you think | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Upcoming Basketball Season - what do you think

Reaction Score
Back to the original question associated with this thread. I don't think that fall sports or winter sports will have completed sessons. I think that there will be an effort to start things back up athletically, but regular outbreaks will rule the day and force a cancellation to each season until an effective vaccine is distributed and/or much more is known about how to treat this virus.

UFC takes place tonight. One fighter of the 24 on the card is out already due to testing position for the virus. We will be monitoring the aftermath of this UFC event closely to see if any outbreaks occur. Other sports will be watching and learning from tonight's card and each subsequent sports activity that is allowed to go on.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
One more time.

This is not a forum where we broadly discuss world events and politics. UConn Women's Basketball is the Title.

Sure the subject of Covid-19 and the effect it may have on the upcoming season id a valid topic. Some of you have proven that with your posts. Some others (now deleted) seem to be tone deaf and can't hear when their post and the thread is beginning to go "off key".

We have a big playground for discussing the nuances of Covid and politics etc in the Cesspool. Be my guest to go over there to get it out of your system.

Thank you to those above in this thread that have kept to the valid topic.

Reaction Score
I just turned 87 and I plan to buy season tickets and were a mast to all the games. Bob
You are aware that a mask is intended to protect other people from you and not vice versa, right? If someone in that arena has it and gets close to you, you will contract the virus whether there is a mask or not.

Reaction Score
I don't want to join what is becoming a quasi-political discussion.

Like others above...I can't allow myself to catch the virus...will certainly be toast..and am willing (and able) to isolate myself indefinitely if required

I'd also love to have some woman's BB if its safe for all concerned.

But I suspect (reasonable conjecture) that the current experiment
of re-opening diverse segments, while they are still trending upward in cases, will strain health facilities to a significant extent...

And at that point, folks will have to decide what level of devastation they are willing to accept to keep the economy (and some aspects of a normal life) afloat. That answer is above my pay grade and there's a serious question of whether my (or any) senior voice is relevant.

It's actually not a red/blue issue...I always thought that there was some merit in isolating, vulnerable folks like me and letting the young uns get on with it....Like opening elementary schools, for example..

That new, mysterious, offshoot, effecting mostly kids, does put a crimp into that idea though...

So, like most, I carefully observe, hope for the best and tend to my own garden.
Bernstein would be proud of that last sentence, as would Voltaire.

Reaction Score
This seems kind of obvious. From the NCAA fall sports likely a no go if campuses aren't open.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom