Up to 18 in Kenpom | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Up to 18 in Kenpom

Reaction Score
We're now 28 in NET, "28" in the AP poll, 17 in KenPom, 10 on Torvik... all factoring in that we missed our best player for 1/3 of the season. Literally, what is the justification for having us anything below a 7, let alone a 9? Is it just laziness?
Honestly not sure if it’s laziness or obstinance at this point.

Reaction Score
Brad Evans has UConn a 6 seed as well.

No doubt I hope win BE tourney but 6 seed is a nice spot unless can get to a 3.

I think all the 1 seeds are beatable but let someone else do it prior to regional final.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
It's the lack of data. The "bracketologists" are missing at least 1/3 of their normal data for comparison (as are the metrics), so everything is a WAG this year.

I'm half hoping the B1G gets all of the bids/seedings projected, and then #$%@#$%#% the bed (again). Sure, their top teams are great, but the middle is iffy (Looking at Maryland, Rutgers, Michigan St, Wisconsin).

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The committee has been pretty consistent that they value good wins, probably above anything else. Right now we only have 3 quad 1 wins and only one win over a tournament team. It’s not crazy for that to mean we’re an 8 or 9 seed right now. Tonight’s game is huge. Nova getting knocked out before we can play them is really unfortunate.

Reaction Score
In the Sports Hack National Championship Tourney, Lundari has moved solidly up the seeding chart vying for top seed in the A Bracket - Total Moron or B Bracket - Biased and Doesn't Care to Hide it.

Reaction Score
Beating non tournament teams are fun and all but realistically we have one win against a tournament team right now in USC. That is being reflected with Lunardi.

Let's beat Creighton and see a jump
You're entitled to think we have the resume of a 9 seed. I personally find that position to be laughably wrong

Reaction Score
You're entitled to think we have the resume of a 9 seed. I personally find that position to be laughably wrong

I'm trying to justify Lunardi's formula. He's looking at wins and we have very little big wins

Reaction Score
Lunardi will have us as a 9 seed regardless of being BE champs or not.
You have to give him a lot of credit for one thing: fans want affirmation and recognition and he figured out how to give ESPN a cheap product, production wise, and make it "must watch TV".

The fact anyone with half a brain can "adjust" the seeds daily for the last two months of the season is irrelevant.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
To The Moon Rocket Launch GIF by Partiful

Found the Gamestop guy.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
We've changed our approach. He had to change if we were going to succeed and did--sign of a good coach.
Agreed. Just a little jab at everyone who was ready to write him off as being unable to coach an offense. Particularly that Nelson dude.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I need a reminder...is Selection Sunday still a thing?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Agreed. Just a little jab at everyone who was ready to write him off as being unable to coach an offense. Particularly that Nelson dude.

FWIW... I think we've done a much better job running the ball intelligently (no idea if our pace has improved at all), using off ball screens, generally getting away from the weave/handoffs constantly. Seems to me like we're using more off ball action and just using more ball reversals and cutting. Post entries have improved too.

Settling into a rotation that mostly excludes Josh/Adams, and getting Adama and Jackson more minutes has been huge as well. I wouldn't have stuck with Polley as long as coach did, but it was clearly worth the investment through January and February when he had some real clunkers. He must have practiced well all along and just needed some confidence.

I think our defense is still better than our offense, even if that's not true technically by the stats. Eye test tells me we're an elite defensive team, reboudning team, and a very good (not elite) offensive team. We have an elite offensive player, and some pieces we're getting the best out of at the right time. We've had so many games in the past month that we've been WAY ahead in, that that tends to make your defense look worse in the end.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity what do people think UConns regular season record would have been in a normal season?

My guess is 22-8, or 23-7.
At worst, add 7 more OOC wins, 2 more BE wins and 2 more losses (1BE / 1OOC). 24-8.

Reaction Score
FWIW... I think we've done a much better job running the ball intelligently (no idea if our pace has improved at all), using off ball screens, generally getting away from the weave/handoffs constantly. Seems to me like we're using more off ball action and just using more ball reversals and cutting. Post entries have improved too.

Settling into a rotation that mostly excludes Josh/Adams, and getting Adama and Jackson more minutes has been huge as well. I wouldn't have stuck with Polley as long as coach did, but it was clearly worth the investment through January and February when he had some real clunkers. He must have practiced well all along and just needed some confidence.

I think our defense is still better than our offense, even if that's not true technically by the stats. Eye test tells me we're an elite defensive team, reboudning team, and a very good (not elite) offensive team. We have an elite offensive player, and some pieces we're getting the best out of at the right time. We've had so many games in the past month that we've been WAY ahead in, that that tends to make your defense look worse in the end.
Difficult to track pace with KenPom but before the Xavier game we were 334th and averaging 64 possessions a game, now we're 298th averaging 66 possessions a game. Which also means in that timeframe we've averaged 69 possessions a game which is ~150th in the country for pace

Reaction Score
Difficult to track pace with KenPom but before the Xavier game we were 334th and averaging 64 possessions a game, now we're 298th averaging 66 possessions a game. Which also means in that timeframe we've averaged 69 possessions a game which is ~150th in the country for pace

Yeah, so I think characterizing us as more opportunistic with fast breaks, but not a "fast break team" is probably about right. Middle-of-the-pack vs practically dead last.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Beating non tournament teams are fun and all but realistically we have one win against a tournament team right now in USC. That is being reflected with Lunardi.

Let's beat Creighton and see a jump
UNC wins vs "tournament" teams: VT (n), FSU (h), Cuse (h)
UConn wins vs "tournament" teams: USC (n), Xavier (a), Seton Hall (a)

Common Opponents:
Marquette. UConn is 2-0 vs Marquette (including a road win), UNC is 0-1 vs Marquette (at home).

Not bashing you at all BTW. Just pointing out that Lunardi is an idiot / biased to ESPN's partners (ACC). Not sure how UNC could jump us on the seed line with the same resume and a home loss (by double digits) to a common opponent we beat twice.

Reaction Score
Just saw that this morning. The only joke is that this guy still has a job. Every AQ he has is the highest remaining seed in their conference tournament (just lazy). North Carolina in a weak ACC jumps us to an 8 seed. Syracuse loses and still in the field.

KenPom has a strong top three in the BE...Creighton 10, Villanova 14, and UConn 17...then drops off to #49...62...65...73...74...80...113...131

Has the top three in the ACC...13...15...26....and then drops to...26...35...36...41...42...52...55...71...79...133...144...169

Cuse as #41

The ACC is split...a decent run of ten teams of 55 and below....three horrible teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom