Unusual Path | The Boneyard

Unusual Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Vivian Grey, the 26th ranked recruit on ESPN'S 2017 rankings has chosen to go to D2 Fort Lewis College. I don't know why, but as a graduate of a small liberal arts college myself (Grinnell) it's not a bad choice. Obviously, going to a D1 basketball factory wasn't one of her goals. By the way, Fort Lewis college apparently grants 16% of degrees earned by Native Americans in the past decade.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
IIRC, Fort Lewis is in Durango, CO, which is a bitchin' place to spend your college years - beautiful, good restaurants, friendly folks, etc. If you're looking for a professional career, Fort Lewis maybe is, shall we say, the scenic route. If you're looking for a great college experience, I dare say, you could do worse!

Reaction Score
Vivian Grey, the 26th ranked recruit on ESPN'S 2017 rankings has chosen to go to D2 Fort Lewis College. I don't know why, but as a graduate of a small liberal arts college myself (Grinnell) it's not a bad choice. Obviously, going to a D1 basketball factory wasn't one of her goals. By the way, Fort Lewis college apparently grants 16% of degrees earned by Native Americans in the past decade.

Reaction Score
Vivian will join her older sister who plays for Fort Lewis. Also, Vivian is something of a small town girl who likes being a small town girl. When she visited Ok St., she tweeted something about the school's rodeo facilities.

Edit to say that I do not want to suggest any personal knowledge. I have just read media articles. I saw the tweet info on another message board.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
If I'm remembering correctly, Fort Lewis is a top team in D2. So, great basketball, less D1 insanity, and a chance to be a student... sounds like a plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom