Unusual Gabby play from Spain | The Boneyard

Unusual Gabby play from Spain

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So what did the refs call? It should have been interference on the coach resulting in a technical with the ball going to Gabby’s team.

I don't know. I'm trying to figure it out from the twitter replies, but Microsoft's translation of Catalan basketball jargon isn't great.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Also, I had no idea that Gabby's mom is French. Or that her middle name is Lisa.

On her Spanish team's roster she is listed as "Gabrielle Lisa Williams" and her nationality is listed as French.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I don't know. I'm trying to figure it out from the twitter replies, but Microsoft's translation of Catalan basketball jargon isn't great.
The consensus in the replies is that it's a clear technical on the coach.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The consensus in the replies is that it's a clear technical on the coach.

Yeah, that's the impression I got, but I didn't see anyone saying whether the tech was actually called.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yeah, that's the impression I got, but I didn't see anyone saying whether the tech was actually called.
Yeah I didn't see anyone in the replies talk as if they'd seen the game to know.

Reaction Score

Have you tried Google translate? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Also, I had no idea that Gabby's mom is French. Or that her middle name is Lisa.

On her Spanish team's roster she is listed as "Gabrielle Lisa Williams" and her nationality is listed as French.

So, Gabby was an import after all? :D

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Translation: Today at the end of the League this happened.
Yeah, I know. Real helpful!

Reaction Score
From someone who seemed like they either watched the game or was there said pretty much nothing happen, the coach that interfered his team got the ball back

Reaction Score
They could have called interference, but in reality, the ball did not touch the coaches hand till Gabby lost the ball. Perhaps him being where he was interfered with her trajectory to the ball, but she lost it before he even touched it. Watch it stop motion and you will see that she lost the ball before it even got to him

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
They could have called interference, but in reality, the ball did not touch the coaches hand till Gabby lost the ball. Perhaps him being where he was interfered with her trajectory to the ball, but she lost it before he even touched it. Watch it stop motion and you will see that she lost the ball before it even got to him
Didn't see that way. They seem to be touching the ball at the same time. Keep in mind that this Gabby. She makes impossible plays look routine.

Reaction Score
Didn't see that way. They seem to be touching the ball at the same time. Keep in mind that this Gabby. She makes impossible plays look routine.
I rewatched it and it does seem like his left hand could have interfered with her getting control over the ball. I didn't see that initially and so it appears you are correct and I was wrong. I will resent and hold a vendetta against you for this until my dying breath. :p:mad: Just teasing--- good call. ;)

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
So, Gabby was an import after all? :D

Exactly, and helps explain how Geno is successfully recruiting in Europe now. He’s had practice, just like he preaches to the team!

Reaction Score
I saw somewhere that it was called out of bounds on Gabby; other team’s ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom