"Unusual for a rookie to play the point in a tight game vs the defending champs" | The Boneyard

"Unusual for a rookie to play the point in a tight game vs the defending champs"

Reaction Score
Though it's maybe a bit early to be evaluating, I'd say that it seems Chong has landed on a good team for her abilities - not something that happens all the time for a 3rd round rookie. She seems to have good synergy with Diggins and the others. Good for her. :)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Saniya just improved every UConn players' stock in the next draft.

Love that kid!

Most other years I'd say that Kia and Gabby would both be lottery picks. It's still possible but unlikely.

Talking to my wife last night, it occurred to me that I'm seeing more of WNBA teams playing without fixed positions than in past years. Wings played much of the game last night with two point guards, for example, and many teams playing three guards. That especially bodes well for Gabby who has such incredible skills but really isn't a traditional 2, 3, or 4.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It seems that offensively and defensively, the pro game just suits this beautiful young woman. And yeah, this can't but help both the recruiting value of all current Huskies and all non-starters. Further those who don't get minutes for as much as 3 years can still note this won't affect their ability to be effective at any level. Those recruits who are fence sitting as to whether they can survive 4 years at UConn, or whether or not they even want to attend will take note that Geno and company coaches up players like no other. Sorry all you haters in WCBB, it just keeps getting better (or worse for you).

Reaction Score
It seems that offensively and defensively, the pro game just suits this beautiful young woman. And yeah, this can't but help both the recruiting value of all current Huskies and all non-starters. Further those who don't get minutes for as much as 3 years can still note this won't affect their ability to be effective at any level. Those recruits who are fence sitting as to whether they can survive 4 years at UConn, or whether or not they even want to attend will take note that Geno and company coaches up players like no other. Sorry all you haters in WCBB, it just keeps getting better (or worse for you).

Wonderful posting---I liked every word. No matter how you dice it--as long as Geno's kid show the world HOW to play their game--it can ONLY get better fro REAL FANS of BB to watch.
I hope, sincerely hope, all those kids that sat the bench last year get the opportunities you aspire for them
In terms of how good the game could be--this past season for UC WBB was among, if not, the best. Ignore the finish--that would have been icing on a great year playing cake.

Reaction Score
Though it's maybe a bit early to be evaluating, I'd say that it seems Chong has landed on a good team for her abilities - not something that happens all the time for a 3rd round rookie. She seems to have good synergy with Diggins and the others. Good for her. :)
I agree. I also think the coaching staff has a lot of confidence in her and that transfers to the confidence her teammates have in her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dallas lost to Minny today, but Saniya had 10 points and another steal.

Reaction Score
Wow, that was a aggressive steal, she almost puts Ogwumike on her butt.:)

Thanks for the post!!

Reaction Score
Dallas lost to Minny today, but Saniya had 10 points and another steal.
I agree. I also think the coaching staff has a lot of confidence in her and that transfers to the confidence her teammates have in her.

When the coaching staff, especially the head coach, has confidence in a player--pro or College or junior ---that ultimately transfers to the player and her/his teammates--confidence translates into making plays without thinking--'what does the coach want me to do here/?"
When a good player just goes with her instincts and ignores the Coaches--you get to see a DT, MAya, Sue, Stew at there BEST. Now Chong!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom