Until we're out, we are defending champs. | The Boneyard

Until we're out, we are defending champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unless we are beaten in the AAC Tourney, we are in the dance. Play 'em one at a time. Give it your best. And the good lord willing, we play another day. All is not lost until all is lost.

Hell yeah, I still pissed about Yale. Freakin' Yale. But, the summit in front of us isn't Everest. Crickey, I think a seven year old girl just summited Everest.

One thing I know is true. This team has under achieved. They have rarely played up to their potential. We usually play on one or two pistons while leaking oil. But there have been glimpses they can be so much more. There is still time get in tune. We are still defending a title.

Reaction Score
We have more talent than our W/L record shows. Sometimes we see the potential but that just makes the bad losses tougher to take. The fact is our outside shooting is inconsistent and when we are having a bad night shooting the ball we don't adjust very well. Some of it is youth but a lot of it is the type of players we have. The other thing is we are pretty easy to defend. An opposing coach is going to take out Boat and Hamilton. If Purvis is on we'll have a good game but depending who is on the court the opposition can ignore 2 players who can't score (Nolan and TSam) and play help D on our scorers.
We really need to get another ball handler who is at least a marginal threat to score. TSam brings nothing to game. He is only an average defender, can't score and can't pass it very well. The kid gives it everything he has but there is little you can do without talent.

Reaction Score
Been discussed many times and truly what amazes me is Omar and F acey. We think back to Omar's freshman year and look at him now and Facey is an enigma to me. Started the year looking good with potential and the early posts on the BY were positive so how to you go from there to where he is now. Was it all a mirage. Hard to fathom when you do something every day and you actually get worse. Not giving up on the kid only being a sophomore but Omar has to be way down the bench spot duty only. This being said WE NEED PLAYERS BADLY AND URGENTLY to get back to where we were.

Reaction Score
I remind my self of that all the time. We are the NCs. Awesome!

However- We need RP to play like he did against SMU or we are just an average team plain and simple. We need the additional scorer- too easy to shut done two players- ( one a Freshman).

Additionally we have to play Uconn defense- the Memphis game looked like we were going to turn it around then if appeared we just took off the gas on D. My hat goes off to Memphis they played a great game and were the better team.
D wins us games- it won us the NC last year and without it we will go nowhere in the AAC tourney.

I am proud of our team last year and I still have great memories of our run and the FF- but if we do not see a major improvement in RP, OC and SCJ we will have 2 stars on our team ( AB and DH) but it will be far from enough to be elite next year. Might just need to settle in and enjoy the rebuild- who knows maybe we will get out of our dudie of aconference and we will have enough to distract us for a season or two. Doomed!

Reaction Score
I remind my self of that all the time. We are the NCs. Awesome!

However- We need RP to play like he did against SMU or we are just an average team plain and simple. We need the additional scorer- too easy to shut done two players- ( one a Freshman).

Additionally we have to play Uconn defense- the Memphis game looked like we were going to turn it around then if appeared we just took off the gas on D. My hat goes off to Memphis they played a great game and were the better team.
D wins us games- it won us the NC last year and without it we will go nowhere in the AAC tourney.

I am proud of our team last year and I still have great memories of our run and the FF- but if we do not see a major improvement in RP, OC and SCJ we will have 2 stars on our team ( AB and DH) but it will be far from enough to be elite next year. Might just need to settle in and enjoy the rebuild- who knows maybe we will get out of our dudie of aconference and we will have enough to distract us for a season or two. Doomed!

Reaction Score
It would be good for the league if you won the AAC tourney and got back in the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
An Oregon owl ! Who new. How's the ganga deal going out there?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Huskies are champions, period. That will never change, no matter what happens.

"We're not defending our championship. We're not defending anything, no matter what the media and everyone else thinks. We won that trophy last year and put it in our trophy case. We're not losing that trophy. Nobody's taking that away from us. It'll be there. What we're doing, is attacking this year. We're attacking everyone we play on our schedule, because we're trying to win another trophy to put in our trophy case. "

Geno Auriemma

Best thing about basketball is that you get to attack again every year.

Reaction Score
An Oregon owl ! Who new. How's the ganga deal going out there?

and who knew...?

July 1... Supposed to be covered by similar rules as alcohol by the liquor control board. No rules published yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom