Unsung Heroes | The Boneyard

Unsung Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wanted to praise a a few players individually who were key to the win yesterday besides Jalen!

1). Hamilton- He has been mentioned in a few threads already.
32 points , 12 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal, 1 TO, 12/14 clutch free throws in 55 grueling minutes. Has some key buckets in the OT where he scored on high difficulty iso plays.

2). Brimah- 10 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks (prob had more) in 47 minutes. Was a force defensively. Also had 3 buckets in OT where he caught the ball and slammed it in (was nervous he would fumble those). Big time scores when we needed it. Every timeout he was motivating his teammates. Huge!

3). Gibbs- I know people in the chat room wanted to bench him and he did have several, several plays that made you want to break your tv. However, the 3s he made coming out of the gate in the 2nd half gave life and confidence to this team. They were cold blooded 3s that gave us confidence by the 16 minutes TV timeout that was huge for Jalen and Hamilton. I honestly think that those 2 3's coming out was the turning point in the game.
14 points, 2/2 clutch free throws, 4/10 from 3 (critical portion of the game) in 54 grueling minutes.

4). Purvis- 14 points (5/11), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2/2 free throws in 49 minutes. He kept us within striking distance in the 1st half when everyone else was struggling. Also made a key transition lay up in OT. Without those 1st half points, we would have been in a deeper hole.

5). Nolan/Facey- Combined only 2 points and 3 rebounds. However, gave us 26 minutes when Miller was out. We all wish we got a little more out of them, but in a do or die situation, they came in, played good defense and battled when we needed them most.

Great game by the entire team. Even Sam came in and didn't hurt us. Every one of them should be proud for their effort and fight yesterday. Now let's go crush Temple!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Just wanted to praise a a few players individually who were key to the win yesterday besides Jalen!

1). Hamilton- He has been mentioned in a few threads already.
32 points , 12 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal, 1 TO, 12/14 clutch free throws in 55 grueling minutes. Has some key buckets in the OT where he scored on high difficulty iso plays.

2). Brimah- 10 points, 9 rebounds, 5 blocks (prob had more) in 47 minutes. Was a force defensively. Also had 3 buckets in OT where he caught the ball and slammed it in (was nervous he would fumble those). Big time scores when we needed it. Every timeout he was motivating his teammates. Huge!

3). Gibbs- I know people in the chat room wanted to bench him and he did have several, several plays that made you want to break your tv. However, the 3s he made coming out of the gate in the 2nd half gave life and confidence to this team. They were cold blooded 3s that gave us confidence by the 16 minutes TV timeout that was huge for Jalen and Hamilton. I honestly think that those 2 3's coming out was the turning point in the game.
14 points, 2/2 clutch free throws, 4/10 from 3 (critical portion of the game) in 54 grueling minutes.

4). Purvis- 14 points (5/11), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2/2 free throws in 49 minutes. He kept us within striking distance in the 1st half when everyone else was struggling. Also made a key transition lay up in OT. Without those 1st half points, we would have been in a deeper hole.

5). Nolan/Facey- Combined only 2 points and 3 rebounds. However, gave us 26 minutes when Miller was out. We all wish we got a little more out of them, but in a do or die situation, they came in, played good defense and battled when we needed them most.

Great game by the entire team. Even Sam came in and didn't hurt us. Every one of them should be proud for their effort and fight yesterday. Now let's go crush Temple!

I wouldn't count DHam as an unsung hero, but otherwise agree. I also saw Gibbs regularly pulling the team together to talk to them on the court.

Ironically, I think the biggest, most, unsung hero was Caupain. Incredible game.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't count DHam as an unsung hero, but otherwise agree. I also saw Gibbs regularly pulling the team together to talk to them on the court.

Ironically, I think the biggest, most, unsung hero was Caupain. Incredible game.

I hear ya. Dham has gotten a lot of props.

Just really wanted to emphasize the importance of Gibbs, Purvis, Brimah, Nolan, and Facey. It was a complete team effort. Gibbs in particular got a lot of heat (warranted) during the game. However, the importance of those 3's to give the younger guys confidence cannot be overstated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom