Unsung Hero - Sampson Johnson

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
IMG_7742.gif

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One thing that appears to have gone unnoticed that I would like to add was the move of Karaban guarding Domask. And in all candor I didn't realize until I heard SVG point it out (early in the second half) while I was watching highlights this morning.

In the first half, their entire offense was Domask backing down Spencer or Newton (while using the best stiff-arm I've seen since Walter Payton retired, but I imafine the Illinois fans who a griping about the officials won't consider that). Putting Karaban on him to start the second half took that away.

Reaction Score
What hit me last night watching the game;
The things he does, he does so well. Moves that not many players could ever do. His ultra quick moves under the basket. He grabs the ball and makes lightening fast adjustments to score the ball.
Like one play with his back to the basket, received a pass and spun while in the air to dunk the ball! I want to watch the highlights just to see if I really saw what I saw in real time. He also received a lob too high from TN and lightly guided it into the basket on his fingertips.
He is so freaky good at what he does and I hope we keep him another year and let him develop further.

Reaction Score
Unsung heroes? How about Rickey Moore. Never got the credit that he deserved and in my opinion he was UConn's quiet superstar.

Yes handsome Slamson Johnson is an unsung hero and will also go down as a quiet hero to many of us.

Reaction Score
If you watch UConn play, he has performed his role to high degree. He is doing exactly what Hurley wants him to do. He has put winning above everything else and sacrificed for the team.

He is NOT unsung in the locker room.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom