Unrest Brewing in the Ranks? | The Boneyard

Unrest Brewing in the Ranks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't know about losing the team. But Jacobs was right when he said Mac "just seemed to duck and wait for the sack to come." He had his chance.

Reaction Score
Don't disagree at this point that other qbs need to play. Bit Sip Moore should be the last person complaining about the O. He was abused by a qb not much better than Johnny Mac.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
The quote by Sio could have been anywhere inthe article and has no context. We have no idea if he was talking about the offense the defense or everything. Jacobs chose to put it in a place where he was taliking about the offense.

Reaction Score
The quote by Sio could have been anywhere inthe article and has no context. We have no idea if he was talking about the offense the defense or everything. Jacobs chose to put it in a place where he was taliking about the offense.

Read it again. Agreed. I need to calm down today. Probably won't post for a couple days. That was an embarrassing showing, and not because of the loss. I saw players standing around on defense, allowing themselves to get blocked 15 yards downfield. And a defensive coaching staff that absolutely refused to make adjustments. Refused.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I would guess the "crap" Moore was talking about was the defensive play and by itself is no indication at all that the coach is "losing" the team. BTW, I'm not saying PP isn't losing the team, I don't know.

Reaction Score
The players are definitely discouraged. You can tell that when they are coming out of the huddle with McEntee. And Coach PP is PO'ed his team can't do much. The coach really should try a start a new QB to rejuvenate the team. And the DC needs to rework his defensive schemes. We are obviously not holding up well against even average passing attacks. We do contain the run very well.

Reaction Score
In short UConn needs to "start over again" circa 1999. They are moving backwards on so many fronts. A good hire last January would have been just one of the "fix its" they now face.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
The defense last night was a display of the worst tackling I've seen in a long time. Tackling isn't a function of coaching, it's a function of heart and personal pride. There is plenty of blame to be dumped on a scheme that allows a team to rack up 400 yards passing using the same 3 plays all game, but also blame should go to the piss poor tackling by the players that were on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom