Unofficial reverse the curse thread | The Boneyard

Unofficial reverse the curse thread

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Gotta try something different to get out of this funk. U-C-O-N-N chant, haikus, limerick and rumor has it that there was a game day sonnet thread isn’t cutting it.
Please share a time you did someone bad and want to make amends.
Here is mine:
When I was a sophomore, during the t-shirt toss I totally boxed out and pummeled a fellow student who weighed about 110 pounds. Though I helped her up and said my bad, I should have given her the shirt. For many reasons but mostly I was about 230 LBs and no way I was getting all of my back fat into a medium.
So to that girl. I’m sorry and I owe you a t-shirt. I hope you can forgive me.

Reaction Score
Well, the golden rule is if you think if effects the Mojo, it does.

That said, it's hard to look at some traditions and really believe they still work. I mean, does anyone really enjoy the haiku threads? I dunno. People just didn't like the taste of Rolling Rock and "decided" it wasn't lucky anymore. Well, it sure worked in 1999.

I get heat because I recognized it was time for me to move on as Judge. If you want to continue beating your head into the same rocks with no results, I guess that's up to you. I do agree you need to slip and counter instead of leading with your chin though.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Does this only apply to doing someone bad at a UConn game? And does stealing from the university/xl center constitute “doing someone bad?”

Reaction Score
I was 15 feet away from the people who tore down a light post and rammed it through the glass of a building during the post 2014 Natty celebration and didn't report them to the police. Oh well.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

That said, it's hard to look at some traditions and really believe they still work. I mean, does anyone really enjoy the haiku threads? I dunno. People just didn't like the taste of Rolling Rock and "decided" it wasn't lucky anymore. Well, it sure worked in 1999.

I get heat because I recognized it was time for me to move on as Judge. If you want to continue beating your head into the same rocks with no results, I guess that's up to you. I do agree you need to slip and counter instead of leading with your chin though.
People who don’t like Rolling Rock can kick rocks.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score

Why dont they sell Rolling Rock at Gampel or XL? Do they even know their own fan base?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Why dont they sell Rolling Rock at Gampel or XL? Do they even know their own fan base?
They do, they know they won't drink that swill.

My amends: As a teen, I (along with the rest of Manchester for some reason) was into muscle cars. My parents went on a trip and had a young woman in her early 20s stay with us as a guardian of sorts. She had a new Nissan she had bought as her first real car out of college. I mocked it, as we mocked all tiny 4 cylinder cars of that time, and made her cry. I still feel bad about that. Shows how stupid I was, she might have been pretty, I can't quite recall.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

LOL, last season, you quit, shat all over the mojo, then said you wanted to be judge again, then, after we lost quit again. This season we go undefeated and you are jumping up and down with your hand raised like a first grader who needs to use the bathroom yelling “Oh I wanna be judge again!”, but we get two losses, and you are back again to “I don’t want to be the judge.”

So predictable.

Let me tell you something, my friend, because this team isn’t going to keep losing, so I’m sure you’ll have another “change of heart“, you are not worthy of being the judge. At least, for the time being, we are in agreement on that, but just because there’s no mojo left in those dried up raisins, hanging beneath your belly button, doesn’t mean you have to crap all over the hanging tradition. Just sit in the corner, remembering and what once was like a dog who realized that “do you want to go for a ride?” sometimes means a trip to the vet for a little attitude adjustment.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score

My amends: As a teen, I (along with the rest of Manchester for some reason) was into muscle cars. My parents went on a trip and had a young woman in her early 20s stay with us as a guardian of sorts. She had a new Nissan she had bought as her first real car out of college. I mocked it, as we mocked all tiny 4 cylinder cars of that time, and made her cry. I still feel bad about that. Shows how stupid I was, she might have been pretty, I can't quite recall.
You were a teen, had a girl in her early 20s staying with you, and you can't remember if she was pretty? Not buying it.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes, apparently.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You were a teen, had a girl in her early 20s staying with you, and you can't remember if she was pretty? Not buying it.
I think she probably was, which makes me feel even more dumb about the whole thing.

Reaction Score
I was 15 feet away from the people who tore down a light post and rammed it through the glass of a building during the post 2014 Natty celebration and didn't report them to the police. Oh well.
I never understood the destruction of property as a way to "celebrate".

I was at the '96 ticker tape parade when the Yankees won. Fortunate enough that my cousin was NYPD and she got us up into a building along the route where we could hang out on the window ledges. It was a madhouse down below and people were throwing a big steel garbage can through the front windshield of a police cruiser.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

I remember when I was 19, I knew a local watering hole sold Rolling Rock.

So me being a young lad wanting to impersonate my father (who loved Old Latrobe), tucked 4 Rolling Rocks into my pants and walked into the busy bar. After I polished off my Rolling Rocks (and 2 orders of wings) I politely asked the waitress for another Rock.

To my surprise they stopped selling Rolling Rocks a month prior! I got into some trouble that day.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I had ordered a UConn shirt and sweatpants for my daughter. When they arrived there was also a pretty ugly Men's LG UConn hoody in the bag. Per the recipt, I paid for it but i definitely didn't intentionally order it. But rather than try to return it i figured I'd just keep it. I received it on the day of the X game and wore it during the PC game. It was was picked up by the trash collection guys yesterday.

Last edited:

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Great timing - brown santa (UPS guy) arrived with some late gifts today. We wanted to kick in some NIL $. We're fully equipped for the Big East Tourney now (aside from getting tickets)!
image0.jpeg

Reaction Score
LOL, last season, you quit, shat all over the mojo, then said you wanted to be judge again, then, after we lost quit again. This season we go undefeated and you are jumping up and down with your hand raised like a first grader who needs to use the bathroom yelling “Oh I wanna be judge again!”, but we get two losses, and you are back again to “I don’t want to be the judge.”

So predictable.

Let me tell you something, my friend, because this team isn’t going to keep losing, so I’m sure you’ll have another “change of heart“, you are not worthy of being the judge. At least, for the time being, we are in agreement on that, but just because there’s no mojo left in those dried up raisins, hanging beneath your belly button, doesn’t mean you have to crap all over the hanging tradition. Just sit in the corner, remembering and what once was like a dog who realized that “do you want to go for a ride?” sometimes means a trip to the vet for a little attitude adjustment.
I don't know what your issue is.

I felt like it was time to stop doing the Judge thing and I stopped. I never have wanted to go back on that decision and fully supported handing it off to Penfield. I talked with him offline, offered any support and took part in the punishment.

I don't want to go back and do it this year. I did my time and my run is over.

Your fake little rants aren't funny and for sure don't help the Mojo. I'd suggest turning your attention to trying to figure out where your current Judge is, if he's still the man for the job and how you're going to help this team in a month or two.

Reaction Score
You can always go to the Bidwell prior to the game. They still have Rocks and Wings on Wednesday nights I believe. I have not eaten their wings in more then 4 years so I cannot attest to the quality.

CL82

Reaction Score
I don't know what your issue is.

I felt like it was time to stop doing the Judge thing and I stopped. I never have wanted to go back on that decision and fully supported handing it off to Penfield. I talked with him offline, offered any support and took part in the punishment.

I don't want to go back and do it this year. I did my time and my run is over.

Your fake little rants aren't funny and for sure don't help the Mojo. I'd suggest turning your attention to trying to figure out where your current Judge is, if he's still the man for the job and how you're going to help this team in a month or two.
Yeah, Deep you vacillated repeatedly on this issue but I will take you at your word. You’re out. That’s fine, but stay out of it then. You don’t need to be crapping all over the tradition just because you are no longer a part of it. If you do, don’t expect me to be silent about it. That fair?

Reaction Score
Yeah, Deep you vacillated repeatedly on this issue but I will take you at your word. You’re out. That’s fine, but stay out of it then. You don’t need to be crapping all over the tradition just because you are no longer a part of it. If you do, don’t expect me to be silent about it. That fair?
Nope, I didn't vacillate. I got tired of doing it and listening to you s. And I'm not crapping on it. I'd like to see someone come in and do a decent job....and you're certainly not helping any in that regard.

CL82

Reaction Score
Nope, I didn't vacillate. I got tired of doing it and listening to you s. And I'm not crapping on it. I'd like to see someone come in and do a decent job....and you're certainly not helping any in that regard.
Well, that’s an improvement, at least nominally. But when you that you think the time for hangings, haiku’s, etc. is past, you’re taking a dump on the traditions of the board. Every time you do that, what you’re really saying is well is dry for you and you don’t feel like you can contribute any fresh ideas. Fair enough, frankly, I’m inclined to agree.

If you want to sit on the sidelines, by all means do. But, if you’re going to sit on the sidelines and snipe at the mojo traditions of The Boneyard, expect me to call you out on it every single time.

Reaction Score
If you want to sit on the sidelines, by all means do. But, if you’re going to sit on the sidelines and snipe at the mojo traditions of The Boneyard, expect me to call you out on it every single time.
I'm sure that no one other than that idiot Prankster cares if you do or you don't.

CL82

Reaction Score
I'm sure that no one other than that idiot Prankster cares if you do or you don't.
And yet here you are talking to me about it.

Reaction Score
I am only familiar with on Judge and he makes way too much $$ to be hanging out here.

Who else feels like this is an absolute must win game tomorrow?

Nothing is more important to game day mojo than the Game Day Haiku.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Great timing - brown santa (UPS guy) arrived with some late gifts today. We wanted to kick in some NIL $. We're fully equipped for the Big East Tourney now (aside from getting tickets)!
View attachment 82748
Yesterday I received a partial order of Hawkins, Karaban and DC sweatshirts. Still waiting for the tees

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom