UNLV's new stadium | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UNLV's new stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
unlv games are not a afterthought. they are the biggest reason(really excuse) to get the thing built. mwc games and then hopefully they dream pac16 games. without unlv, thats 8-10 events a year fball wise that thing is looking for. its the biggest piece becuase its the easiest excuse and reason. everyone needs to stop being in awe or jealous about the idea and instead think why they are doing it and why so many other schools are.

800mil? yea thats crazy, but thats the vegas part of it. we spent what 100mil on the rent? fine, i like it. its a quality place and serviceable. its nothing special and never will be. thats still just fine. but we need to sack up and spend another 10-30mil and get the rent finished otherwise our orginal 100mil will be a waste.

if i'm ad, the right for the rent go up in 2018 right? i come out 2 frucking years ago with a couple pictures. one of the rent at 55k and 1 at 60k. each with a cost and some other metrics. winnin g bidder for the rights to name the rent for 30 years pays up front the 1 or 2 mil a year for the rights for 15 of those 30 years and the last 15 years they pay per year. we take that upfront money and expand the rent so when 2018 we open with a name on it and its expanded. other confs know we mean business etc etc...tell me some locals like sobe for example would jump on that? vision.

While youre usually amusing you have your head completely buried in your ass if you think UNLV football ranks in the top 50 reasons they are building this stadium. Assuming they play 7 home games a year that leaves 358 days a year for other, larger, revenue producing events. Assume they are only full 1/3 of the time that would be over 115 other events that draw people to town, fill hotel rooms, fill restaurants, generate gaming revenue, generate transitory occupancy tax and all the things the LVCVA is responsible for generating. This is the one area in life that i have expertise in. UNLV football might be a reason but its an incredibly unimportant one.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
While youre usually amusing you have your head completely buried in your ass if you think UNLV football ranks in the top 50 reasons they are building this stadium. Assuming they play 7 home games a year that leaves 358 days a year for other, larger, revenue producing events. Assume they are only full 1/3 of the time that would be over 115 other events that draw people to town, fill hotel rooms, fill restaurants, generate gaming revenue, generate transitory occupancy tax and all the things the LVCVA is responsible for generating. This is the one area in life that i have expertise in. UNLV football might be a reason but its an incredibly unimportant one.

i completely see that concerts, truck shows, magic cards and all that will have huge conventions at the place and thats why the $ is crazy but can work. but the main talking point will be bringing big time college football to LV. that in turn will help them pimp to pro sports that LV could work. the nfl has many other better locations to touch 1st. however, MLB is the sell. things go well with this and u will see plans years down the road to build a baseball stadium in the parking lot of this place. the state school and the lure of CF is what will get this over the hump. everything else will be filler talk for perception.

Reaction Score
i completely see that concerts, truck shows, magic cards and all that will have huge conventions at the place and thats why the $ is crazy but can work. but the main talking point will be bringing big time college football to LV. that in turn will help them pimp to pro sports that LV could work. the nfl has many other better locations to touch 1st. however, MLB is the sell. things go well with this and u will see plans years down the road to build a baseball stadium in the parking lot of this place. the state school and the lure of CF is what will get this over the hump. everything else will be filler talk for perception.

UNLV football is not the driver of this stadium. At most, UNLV would play 6 or 7 home games per year. This stadium would be used probably 80 times per year for events other than football.

Reaction Score
IF UNLV has a stadium that costs $800m (done by one of Southern California's major developers) with all the suites, bells & whistles, I suspect that they will soon be paying their Football coach $3m or something. At that point, they have Bobby Petrino or some other rat.

See, UNLV has been playing football since the late 1960s. USF since 1995. UCF - not much longer. UConn - really Bigtime football since 1998. You can't LOCK out these programs, when they can spend, in order to have your four conference cartel: there will be economic forces that punch their way through.
USF has been FBS since 2001. Our own fans scare me. Can't get right. Nice job on marketing USF.

We've been playing football since 1896. Pass the ****ing pipe.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I believe the Rent was 91 mil. We definitely need to expand and like yesterday.
40 to 55 ( or even 50K ) is huge. If we had done this in year 5 of the stadium, per se, look at all the extra $ we'd be looking at for the Mich game.
Same backwards thinking we have like building dinky Gampel and not fitting it for ice hockey either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom