Unleash Williams and Walker for 18/19 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Unleash Williams and Walker for 18/19

Reaction Score
I too have read all the posts, including those that have their pistol drawn for anything smelling as less than a kneel down for Geno. ND has done a fabulous job in 'modernizing' their offense. We recruited Arike, but I was of the opinion that she was a volume shooter and that spelled problems for a motion offense. But the ND coaches saw other things- the need to bring new blood into the motion offense and its predictability. What happens when you put a wrench in it? The trio of Stewart et al., were excellent creators. Jefferson was excellent and scoring in- and out. But there is something more here- it lurks around the Program. Creativity. Our program have been successful at dismantling and reassembling players into ones that fit the system. And, you get to play only when you have shown that to be the case. I would argue that ND has refined it and- it might be the road forward for WBB. Of course we need disciplined players, but we need to incorporate other things-- a compromise of some sort. I am with all others who have been puzzled about the (lack of) development of Walker and others. Her skill sets were precisely what we needed. Instead, we went with 5-6 players who were ailing (foot, hip, ankle, minutes, etc) for a good half-year. No wonder they were less than others, were it not for their fitness.
This should have been the year, next year will be harder, and ND will be a tougher out for anyone. BETTER GET OUR 2 INCOMING RECRUITS OFF THE BENCH. If you can't get your Fr off the bench in the AAC where else can you do it. Don't look now, but the others are picking up our passed-over and are now nibbling at our heels.
NO WE ARE NOT FALLING. BUT WE HAVE BECOME STUBBORN AND OBSESSED WITH THE "BEAUTIFUL GAME" at all cost (giving the spectators the just worth of their money). Or, as one of my favourite writers wrote (paraphrasing): 'we have settled for gathering flowers (perhaps only roses to be exact) while others have been busy harvesting fruits.'

Totally agreed. Muffet's willingness to think outside the box and implement it onto both ends of the floor proved pivotal for her this season

Reaction Score
Gabby is a great driver to the basket, but her defender plays 6-7 ft away from her. She either makes the open 15 footer, or doesn't, but they don't have to guard her there.
Crystal can get by her defender, but generally doesn't finish at the basket. Lets hope that part of her game improves.
Lou is mainly a spot up shooter, or comes off pick and rolls...slashing to the basket drawing fouls, etc, I have not seen it.
Each team at the FF had the type of player the OP described. Viviens, Durr and Ogunbowable can shoot the three good enough that you need to go and out, they can drive by and get fouls or finish.
Megan Walker and Williams are those type of players, or have the potential to be. Doing a "weave" with Molly Bent and Kyra Irwin 20 ft from the basket does not develop that talent.

Walker and Coombs are the two players that could have helped if they had gotten more playing time to develop. I think i would have thrown Walker in there to drive to the basket and get some fouls.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Hello Milford. MW is a overrated underachiever "bust" She plays defensive like a bull fighter who says ola as the offensive player blows bye and she trying to chase them down. Plus she can't shoot the ball under pressure. MW is looking at bench time and mop up minutes. GA got what he recruited. Now he has to live with it. She ain't the real deal.
Ahh ignorance. Ignorance is delightful to it’s owner. I may say all I want for I know no better. And the best part is you can’t convince me otherwise because I refuse to listen to those more educated than i

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom