University Subsidy Athletic Funding Capped | The Boneyard

University Subsidy Athletic Funding Capped

Reaction Score
For some reason I didn’t see the news about this till today but subsidy will be capped at 41 million and the athletic department must report annually on their cost saving measures. Gotta assume more buy games/ staying pat with Edsall bc of his salary level.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but aren't University Senate resolutions or motions non binding on the University?

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but aren't University Senate resolutions or motions non binding on the University?
I might be in the minority but I absolutely believe subsidies should be capped and a report she be made yearly at a minimum. As for your question I don’t honestly know. However, the state acting like it has no responsibility in this makes me pretty mad.

Reaction Score
>>University Senate

The University Senate is a legislative body responsible for establishing minimum rules and general regulations of the educational program and mission of the institution, excluding the University of Connecticut Health Center, that are not reserved to the Board of Trustees, to the administration, to the Graduate Faculty Council, or to the several faculties. The University Senate shall be regularly consulted by the Administration on matters pertaining to the Senate's purview. By-Laws of the University of Connecticut, Article IX <<

University Senate By-Laws

Reaction Score
Tell the politicians to sack the CRDA - that dysfunctional bunch of ex political hacks take all the money and add zero value or expertise.

You can disagree with this move but CRDA has been an extremely successful agency overall.

C

Chief00

You can disagree with this move but CRDA has been an extremely successful agency overall.
How are they successful other than lining the pockets of ex politicians with no particular expertise? The two venues they manage are both in deep deficit - They are on-track to spend as much improving the XL vs. building a new one.

Reaction Score
How are they successful other than lining the pockets of ex politicians with no particular expertise? The two venues they manage are both in deep deficit - They are on-track to spend as much improving the XL vs. building a new one.
I've attacked Chief lately but he's dead on with this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom