University of South Carolina president gets it. He understands. | The Boneyard

University of South Carolina president gets it. He understands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last weekend, South Carolina fans stormed the court after upsetting Kentucky. The storm earned the school a $25,000 fine according to SEC rules but that wasn’t even a deterrent to keep university president Harris Pastides from running down to the court.

“Once I realized I was paying [the fine] anyway, I ran down,” Pastides told the student newspaper. “I enjoyed every dollar.”

Reaction Score
Has Susan Herbst ever been to a UConn game?

Serious question

Reaction Score
image.jpg
She's on the left.

Reaction Score

Serious question
Yeah - she has been at many. Seems like you havent been to many games. I've seen her at multiple football and hoops games. Even when she isnt involved in halftime ceremonies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Last weekend, South Carolina fans stormed the court after upsetting Kentucky. The storm earned the school a $25,000 fine according to SEC rules but that wasn’t even a deterrent to keep university president Harris Pastides from running down to the court.

Once I realized I was paying [the fine] anyway, I ran down,” Pastides told the student newspaper. “I enjoyed every dollar.”

Why do I not believe he paid the fine out of his own pocket.

Or, that in the slim possibility he did, that $25K won't end up on his next expense report.

Reaction Score
He didn't mean he was paying it out of his own pocket...

Reaction Score
This is sort of OT, but anyone notice how many college presidents have interchangeable names? Harris Pastides, Pastides Harris. Would it really matter?

Reaction Score
Yeah - she has been at many. Seems like you havent been to many games. I've seen her at multiple football and hoops games. Even when she isnt involved in halftime ceremonies.

I am a gampel season ticket holder. I was simply asking a question.....lol

Reaction Score

Serious question

I can't comment on Gampel games, but she has been at most of the XL games these past 2 years. She sits across the isle from us. No baseline table seat for her.

Reaction Score
I like Susan Herbst as UConn's President. I truly don't get why many piss on her ... particularly as we think of who proceeded her & across what we see from other Universities.

Misogynists

Reaction Score
I like Susan Herbst as UConn's President. I truly don't get why many piss on her ... particularly as we think of who proceeded her & across what we see from other Universities.

Misogynists

Herbst has doe a good job. But not beyond criticism.

Reaction Score
This is like the 100th court storming thread there's been. We get it. "The students should be able to have the joy of celebrating a huge win with their team let the kids be kids when I was a student back in 1985 blah blah blah blah". Right? Ok.

Also who's even your opponent in your argument? To my knowledge there hasn't been a decisive movement to stop court storming. If there was, maybe I wouldn't see 4 games end with a stormed court every morning on sportscenter.

Reaction Score
The problem is not student storming the court/field, it’s the high level emotion and the confortations that sometimes take place during a rush, like New Mexico State. One bad apple ruins it all.

That said, my favorite this year was 100 UConn fans storming the field at UCLA in the 2nd round of the NCAA soccer playoffs this year. 3,000 miles away, a non-revenue sport and still UConn fans storm the field. Awesome.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Misogynists

Yep and anyone who criticizes the AD is a racist. Solid argument there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom