University of Mississippi WBB Hit With NCAA Penalties | Page 2 | The Boneyard

University of Mississippi WBB Hit With NCAA Penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
My wife as the doo gooder she is--became a member of the Democrat Town Committee in a SMALL town in Ct---I never met a cruddier group of people in my life---it ain't all in DC--although those in DC, speaking from first hand knowledge, have made it an ART form.
It has always seemed to me however that politics is an artful craft. Yes those that rise to the top have an innate skill. But it needs careful and precise cultivation. I haven't met too many who hadn't started in politics as do-gooders and ended up disgusted by the morass of this blood letting snake pit. It's why so many liberals begin as idealists and end up cynical conservatives. That rarely happens in reverse, although there are some exceptions. I'm sorry to go so OT. I'll stop.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Sounds exactly like our former Governor ---even sadder in that his wife got him in trouble---and he took the reputation hits --then a Federal Judge -effectively--said the case should not have been prosecuted. If he was not a decent man he would have run for a higher office IMO

If you are decent you do not have the stuff to be a politician. Decency and politics do not belong in the same conversation, sentence, universe. The let them eat cake person is about to be elected by the sheep.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
end up cynical conservatives

Those are the ones who were shouldered aside in the feed trough by politicians of all labels. It's just bread and circuses now in the USA.

Reaction Score
If you are decent you do not have the stuff to be a politician. Decency and politics do not belong in the same conversation, sentence, universe. The let them eat cake person is about to be elected by the sheep.
You are just deplorable and despicable--and surprisingly RIGHT

Reaction Score
It has always seemed to me however that politics is an artful craft. Yes those that rise to the top have an innate skill. But it needs careful and precise cultivation. I haven't met too many who hadn't started in politics as do-gooders and ended up disgusted by the morass of this blood letting snake pit. It's why so many liberals begin as idealists and end up cynical conservatives. That rarely happens in reverse, although there are some exceptions. I'm sorry to go so OT. I'll stop.

I attended a meeting in DC about a budget item--a person was to explain to us --what portion we were to receive. He talked for 30 minute s until I started clapping and saying loudly: amazing , perfect, great--then I turned to the other attendee's and said:
didn't you see what he just did? He talked for 30 minutes and said absolutely nothing. The ORATOR just grinned

JordyG

Reaction Score
Those are the ones who were shouldered aside in the feed trough by politicians of all labels. It's just bread and circuses now in the USA.
More like a dog and pony show in a cemetery.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I attended a meeting in DC about a budget item--a person was to explain to us --what portion we were to receive. He talked for 30 minute s until I started clapping and saying loudly: amazing , perfect, great--then I turned to the other attendee's and said:
didn't you see what he just did? He talked for 30 minutes and said absolutely nothing. The ORATOR just grinned

Silly, silly ... your portion and your great grandchildren's portion was the paying part of that program. The bill will come due and it will be horrible.

Reaction Score
Silly, silly ... your portion and your great grandchildren's portion was the paying part of that program. The bill will come due and it will be horrible.
Silly?? No offense ===were you posting to my post or something else--because the tale was true, actually happened in a budget meeting and spoke to those in power who think it's proper to double talk or no speak on a subject to the safety of the country.
What was silly about it??

Reaction Score
The first time administrators, coaches, etc....actually are charged in the criminal court system, AND actually go to prison, not jail, PRISON!!!, in addition to be given a LARGE monetary fine, then and only then will this sort of thing stop. Because up to now, nothing happens to those in charge that orchestrated (or knew about) the violation(s). They just move on to other jobs, and leave their garbage in their wake for others to clean up and make restitution for.

You want to bring to bring these types of incidents to a screeching halt? Have a teams of investigators that complete investigations in weeks, not years. Leave no stone un-turned. Start firing coaches/administrators/AD's, and start putting them custodial facilities after they have been found guilty of c riminal acts, and take money out of their pockets. Make them ALL accountable. If they didn't know about what was going on during their watch, they should have. Nail ALL of them!!! If the acts are not criminal in nature, then fire them, fine them, and impose sanctions on any school at any level I,II or III that hires them for "X" number of years after that.

You hate to sanction the institution, but sometimes that's the only recourse you have. You can't just do nothing, and let the violation go unpunished. Some coaches would risk being fired and lose $$$, but not many. If you want this cheating to stop, take off the gloves. Start playing hardball. Make an example out of a few folks, and publicize it for all to see. Stop all of this "wrist slapping". The word will get around. If you can't win without cheating, then find another profession. The NCAA needs to adopt the attitude of the guy in the movie "Network". "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore"!!! :mad:

We have a Criminal Justice system--imperfect--but among the best, if not the best in the world. If you are speaking of Penn St---the guilty people WERE punished by the criminal justice system.
The laws, an with the balloning of laws in the past 40 years, knee jerk laws usually related to a single incident, no need for another law to triple up the same language again and again.
The NCAA has no business in punishing Schools, Admins, Coaches, etc when the punishment is for a CRIMINAL act. It's called Double Jeopardy!
In terms of ACCOUNTABLE--the Administration of every University IS accountable to the Alums, the State, the County, and the people under them. More Administrators have been fired than coaches.

Cheating to put Athletes on the field MUST be punished by the Schools --if not them--then the NCAA MUST take positive and swift action to fire any and all associated with the outrageous violations of written NCAA rules. To take 4 years or more is abuse to school like Uconn whose "violation" was minimal in comparison. Those fired for NC type violations should not be allowed to coach or admin at the college level, whatever level there may be.

JordyG

Reaction Score
This thread seems to have veered wildly off course.
This is the BY! I thought it was our duty to skirt, dither, veer, pivot and circumlocute. Staying on topic, where is the fun in that?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Silly?? No offense ===were you posting to my post or something else--because the tale was true, actually happened in a budget meeting and spoke to those in power who think it's proper to double talk or no speak on a subject to the safety of the country.
What was silly about it??

Absolutely nothing wrong, sorry I created confusion. Sadly, spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom