Univ. of Houston is coming, regents vote Thurs- First Tier 2 school in an AQ conference | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Univ. of Houston is coming, regents vote Thurs- First Tier 2 school in an AQ conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
First, both Temple and Houston suck. Houston's record in CUSA sucks. As an academic institution it sucks. The vast majority of its students are commuters grinding through life. School spirit is a difficult commodity to find when there s more atM gear found on campus than Houston gear, or LSu or bevo gear for that matyer.

Temple sucks for a lot of the same reasons. An urban crappy fourth choice school.

It happens to be a closer crappy school.

Rhetorically, if texas produces so much talent, why has Houston struggled in cUSa?

UConn should force ND's hand. Not enable it. Thankfully marinatto is in charge so the BE is flucked no matter what.

Please tell me you went to Central or Southern.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
The vast majority of its students are commuters grinding through life.
Temple (and USF for that matter) have equally low numbers of students living on campus. How about you stop repeating that one.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
While the way he expresses it may be ideal, I generally concur with the idea that Houston is, like Boise, an extremely weak academic institution.

You may say you don't care, but I went to UConn and care more about the university itself than the football team. It is not in UConn's interest to be in a conference with Houston. There are no really good options for saving the BE football conference.

Reaction Score
After reading Lenn Robbins article on WVU in NY Post a few minutes ago I would be VERY leery of accepting any kind of offer from Marinatto/BE if I were a president of a prospective school. I think WVU leaving will be the kill shot for BE football!

Reaction Score
Look, you can crawl up in the fetal position and cry about the things that are lost, or you can make the best out of a bad situation. The BE is a dead man walking, every one knows it. Is UH a great add, no. But are you really pounding the table advocating for Temple? UH may not be able to fill a stadium playing in a non-AQ stadium, but what happens when they move up? Even if they draw no more fans, they avg nearly twice what Temple does (Temple needs Nova and PSU to aid its otherwise pathetic numbers). And please line up Temple's 20 year fb record next to UH's, and them make the same rant.

Have you considered that the Ville and USF are commuter schools? Likely not, but that fact might only get in the way of your most recent rant.

And academics? Really, we are arguing over the loss of that near-Ivy institution located in WV an saying UH does not meet our academic standards?

One could argue WVU will one day live to regret its seeming near decision to join the B12 - anyone here see that conference having any stability, or shared vision? They will be left orphaned soon enough, when OU eventually heads west, dragging OSU with it, but that is a discussion for another day.

The fact that they are geographically close is as much a reason to add Buffalo (we'd show Syracuse who owns Northern NY) or Delaware (more fans, better record). Adding UH and SMU (and ) collectively are among the best moves we could make. Heck, I'd liek to see ECU added, but for reasons i can not expalin that seems unlikely to happen.

So, if your point is to cry about he demise of the BE, do it. If it is to scream that the commish is an idiot, everyone knows that already. UConn's long-term future is not in the BE. Just please stop arguing that adding Temple makes ANY sense in the world, unless WV, UL, and Cincy leave, and then we really become a laughingstock.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
2011 Conf-USA 6-0 282

2010 Conf-USA 5-7 452
2009 Conf-USA 10-4 591
2008 Conf-USA 8-5
2007 Conf-USA 8-5
2006 Conf-USA 10-4
2005 Conf-USA 6-6
2004 Conf-USA 3-8
2003 Conf-USA 7-6
2002 Conf-USA 5-7
2001 Conf-USA 0-11
2000 Conf-USA 3-8
1999 Conf-USA 7-4
1998 Conf-USA 3-8
1997 Conf-USA 3-8
1996 Conf-USA 7-5
1995 Southwest 2-9
1994 Southwest 1-10
1993 Southwest 1-9-1

Basketball 3 NCAA tourney appearances in 25 years.

Yes, they do suck.

Interesting, I didn't know 25 years defined the term forever. If you had said 25 years maybe you wouldn't have sounded so foolish, but I know you just can't help yourself sometime.

The fact that you didn't even reference their Hakeem The Dream Olajuwan National title runner up team and their history in the final four also highlights your ignorance and inability to get your facts in order before you run here and post these articles.

They also had a Heisman trophy winner, the first African American QB for that matter.

Do your homework son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon