Uni's question | The Boneyard

Uni's question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just wondering whether we'll see another uniform change this year.. albeit slight but a change nonetheless.

There's a trend across college football where every team (FBS it seems, sprinkled in with a couple of FCS schools) seem to be going with the alternate uni trend, and it happens almost annually...

Reaction Score
Not trying to hijack the thread but since it pertains to your question. Does anyone know if the gray alternate unis will still be worn this year? Someone said they're gone but never responded when I asked them to clarify.

Reaction Score
That is not good
Agreed.. those were nice uni's...

Wonder if they alternate uni thing, and 2016 uni's as a whole, might be all redesigned a bit... sounds like that might be the case...

The only schools that don't do any redesigns, or if they did, it'd be minor, are Alabama, Penn State, Michigan, USC, Texas, Florida, FSU, group Temple in there too... I know I'm missing a few others.. but, for the most part, uni designs are the same year in and year out, save for a "big" game (where potential alternate uni's come into play)....

It'd be a dope idea (my opinion) if the team came out with uni's designed like last year's but with a little something different to them... just to stir up more interest....

Reaction Score
Agreed freescooter, but you know in today's days and times, it's about business first.. marketing is king... image sells... EVERYTHING is a business nowadays... we come out with newer fresh looking uni's than last year it will stir up the younger generation... it's become a college football fad... with that said, being a life long Cowboys, fan I hate to admit this, I love the Giants color schemes they've used over the past few years.. kinda coincides with our color scheme.. wouldn't surprise me to see us incorporate some of their look, but they gotta keep that NJ red toned down... that color is more of symbol of NJ, we here in CT emphasize National Flag blue.

Reaction Score
The grey alternates were great (look even better because we won those games), and fresh new alternates to attract recruits is the way to go these days, but one thing they ultimately need to do is establish a fairly consistent look. We had that with the block C unis. These new ones are OK, but they should stick with something for a while, and sprinkle in an alternate here & there.

650x366

Reaction Score
To me the uniforms from last year are great except for the pattern on the shoulders. It stuck out as odd when they first came out. Still makes me scratch my head. Outside of that I like them.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
That's true. Off point but true.

It would be nice to see some alternative uniform's, the gray's were great. Love to see them use the state flag on the helmet or some other totally unexpected graphics.

Like X 1,000,000... I've been wanting this forever. I feel like although we're not a big state, its the ONLY thing we have- Uconn... Let's own it!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I'm positive the grey alternate uni's are coming back... The kids love them and every recruit that came through was wearing them in the locker room if you remember. They also have been showing it in promos online/the media guide, etc. I think Diaco wants to create some sense of consistancy with the look of this program, the new-ish Dog logo, etc.

I'm still just waiting for throwbacks to the 1960's era "Musket Jonathan" on the side of the helmets... How bad would this be??

Husky_soldier_1970.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm positive the grey alternate uni's are coming back... The kids love them and every recruit that came through was wearing them in the locker room if you remember. They also have been showing it in promos online/the media guide, etc. I think Diaco wants to create some sense of consistancy with the look of this program, the new-ish Dog logo, etc.

I'm still just waiting for throwbacks to the 1960's era "Musket Jonathan" on the side of the helmets... How bad would this be??

Husky_soldier_1970.jpg

(Being brutally honest) NO! That Yogi Bear look takes me back my childhood in the 70's... I don't think that'd go over too well with the younger generation....

Reaction Score
I just hope whoever wins the next uniform contract puts a little more effort into it.

73760c568d3240cfb139fea0e1a52e5e.png
208582113c9245ebb74b0f4299bbff4e.png

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I just hope whoever wins the next uniform contract puts a little more effort into it.

73760c568d3240cfb139fea0e1a52e5e.png
208582113c9245ebb74b0f4299bbff4e.png
I'm pretty sure UConn isn't going anywhere besides back to Nike in 2018. If anything it might be interesting to see what UA would come up with for us, but.

Reaction Score
I expect a Batman themed uniform to be announced any day know. :D

Reaction Score
Nothing against Palatine or Sons of Nutmeg, I applaud the patriotism for our state. The CT flag is simply way too busy to be identifiable at much of a distance at the size it would be on a football helmet.
The thing that identified UCONN in football and said CT for me was the block C. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
State outline on the side of the alt helmet, with the husky logo over the top of it.

Reaction Score
Something after this fashion I think would be pretty cool.

Attachments

• FKRl7XX.png
    FKRl7XX.png
    561 KB · Views: 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads