Uniqueness of WBB Names | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Uniqueness of WBB Names

Reaction Score
Portmanteau. Isn't that a hat?
No. A portmanteau is a word like modem or codec or alphanumeric or brunch which is a new word created from parts of two or more words. We use lots of them in every day language and don't give a second thought as to the origin.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
No. A portmanteau is a word like modem or codec or alphanumeric or brunch which is a new word created from parts of two or more words. We use lots of them in every day language and don't give a second thought as to the origin.
Man. I think I should use :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: a lot more often.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yes. Baylor is full of these kinds of names. Moon Ursin's name is really Cara and DiDi Richards's name is Deauzya (or something like that I'm usually pretty good with spelling, but this one I probably got wrong). No idea if Queen Egbo's real name is Queen, but Baylor has all kinds of crazy names. Baylor also has an Honesty which I imagine is pretty rare.
Personally I threw away my lantern.

Reaction Score
The other night when Baylor was playing Kansas I looked out on the floor and we had Dead Eye Diidi, Bad Moon Ursin, Juicy Fruit Landrum, Lauren Coxs Army, and Queen Elizabeth Egbo all on the court at the same dam time!!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Katie Lou isn't KLS's name. To be consistent she should be listed as Katie since "Katie Lou" is almost a portmanteau of her first and middle names. There have been tons of Katies in WCBB over the years.
That is not what a portmanteau is.

Reaction Score
That is not what a portmanteau is.
I said almost. Lou is part of the word Louise, her middle name. Katie is part of the word Katharine, her first name. Take part of each word and you get the name Katie Lou.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I said almost. Lou is part of the word Louise, her middle name. Katie is part of the word Katharine, her first name. Take part of each word and you get the name Katie Lou.
Eh, it becomes a rather semantic debate but I don’t see “Katie” as “part of” Katharine. But you get where you’re coming from

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

IOW, there's a lot of overlap with neologism. :D

Reaction Score
Or a mushroom.

At first I thought portmanteau was a mixed drink with wine, rye, bitters, and Earl Grey...uh, personalized ;)

But then, in the context of the thread, it's always nice to put a good word in for someone(s)...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom