Uniform Prediction | The Boneyard

Uniform Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Tomorrow, the University is scheduled to unveil the football team's new uniforms. After all of the bitching and negativity about the incompetence of Herbst and Manuel, the lack of an 80,000 seat stadium, and the screaming about the new logo, here's the question.

Exactly which posters on this board are going to come right out tomorrow and complain about the new unis being ugly, incompetent, non traditional, not white enough, too white, and generally just put together from leftovers from a thrift store.

What say you, folks? I gotta believe, based on their already established patterns, we can identify them all. Let's see if we can list them all.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I can't name specific BY handles but I grt the general sense that folks on the FB board are good with the logo while the fans on the BB board are more traditionalists and more resistant to the change. That's just my observation. I for one am stoked to see all the new unis tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I'm hearing that the changes won't be all that radical and that 2014 is the year of all new unis. Expect block C to go away now that UConn is the official wordmark

Reaction Score
People hate change so I see a lot of complaining, regardless of what they look like.

Anyone else going to the event at 1:30? I think I'm going to duck out of work, pretty excited.

Reaction Score
I'm hearing that the changes won't be all that radical and that 2014 is the year of all new unis. Expect block C to go away now that UConn is the official wordmark

So do you think we will get new uniforms this season, and next ???

that seems strange.

Reaction Score
So do you think we will get new uniforms this season, and next ???

that seems strange.
Yes I do. I think the changes this year will be minimal...just trying to temper expectations if what I heard is true

Reaction Score
I'm in with any color combination of National Flag Blue, White, Red, & even Silver-Gray. Black, not so much. And I ABSOLUTELY draw the line at Tennis Ball Yellow-Green as worn by the security Gezpatcho inside the RENT.:)

Reaction Score
I'm in with any color combination of National Flag Blue, White, Red, & even Silver-Gray. Black, not so much. And I ABSOLUTELY draw the line at Tennis Ball Yellow-Green as worn by the security Gezpatcho inside the RENT.:)

Geez, I type G-E-S-T-A-P-O, & Boneyard spellcheck types Gezpatcho? Didn't realize that the codewords would change.

Reaction Score

So do you think we will get new uniforms this season, and next ??? that seems strange.

Yes I do. I think the changes this year will be minimal...just trying to temper expectations if what I heard is true

Fine with me... means something is going to be special w/ 2014. ;)

Surprised Scooter isn't saying it's so they can fix the logo issue since it's too late now!!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I expect UCONN across the chest or down the pants using the blue background word mark for the former or the grey background word mark for the later. I expect the new logo on one of the helmets and UCONN on another. I expect the shadow logo on the shoulder pad (a la CAL) or on the pants in the absence of the word mark. In general, I expect multiple uniforms using every combination of the official colors, word marks, and the logo. Plus a 5% chance that the Block C is still used somewhere since that whole continuity thing seems to have been more of a guideline than an edict. As long as they don't look like they are from the 1950's, they should be fine. How can you screw up blue, white, and red uni's.

Reaction Score
I want the names on the backs of the shirts, otherwise I don't care.

Reaction Score
If they drag it out it will be a year of complaining. Rip the band aid and get the whining/pain over with.

Reaction Score
I just want to be able to buy jerseys of great players. Still can't believe the limited selection.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I just want to be able to buy jerseys of great players. Still can't believe the limited selection.
From guys who occupy the same section I buy all the NFL jerseys of the past Uconn boys.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That's going to suck if after all this anticipation we unveil a slightly changed State Penn knock off uni.

Reaction Score
Would like to see them keep blue as the main helmet color, even though it sounds like there will ultimately be alternate helmet colors & designs used. Always thought that looked nice.

UConn-football-helmet_medium.jpg

RIP block "C" - we barely knew ye.

Reaction Score
That's going to suck if after all this anticipation we unveil a slightly changed State Penn knock off uni.
I'd be extremely PO'd if that happens... if that ends up being the case they shoulda just introduced the uni when the logo got leaked....

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Would like to see them keep blue as the main helmet color, even though it sounds like there will ultimately be alternate helmet colors & designs used. Always thought that looked nice.

UConn-football-helmet_medium.jpg

RIP block "C" - we barely knew ye.

All White Helmets!

Reaction Score
All White Helmets!

Yup, that sounds about right for us.... Go back to all white 1970's helmets while everyone else in the country's going forward with the sickest combo of multi color hologram patterns. That should work out great with recruiting efforts. In fact, if we go all white, the coaches could bring them on recruiting trips to break out in the living rooms of our kids. It would b a nice trip down nostalgia lane for their dads.........

Reaction Score
Yup, that sounds about right for us.... Go back to all white 1970's helmets while everyone else in the country's going forward with the sickest combo of multi color hologram patterns. That should work out great with recruiting efforts. In fact, if we go all white, the coaches could bring them on recruiting trips to break out in the living rooms of our kids. It would b a nice trip down nostalgia lane for their dads.........
Was a student in the 70's. In those Yan-Con days, only Maine had any originality (Black with Red Michigan-Princeton-Delaware style helmets). All of the rest (UConn, UMass, UNH, Rhody) all wore white helmets. The gag around campus was they bought basic white in bulk, divied them up, & slapped each schools decals on them.
White helmets look lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul