Uniform Inspiration: Arizona | The Boneyard

Uniform Inspiration: Arizona

Reaction Score
yes, back at it again - talking about uniforms.

Man.... something is just OFF with these uniforms we have. they are lame-o, especially the all-navy look. I would love to talk to nike and have them draw inspiration from
  • our basketball program
  • arizona football
  • block C as main logo (dog can be secondary, eg. on front center of collar or inside back center of collar, hip of pant, etc.)

to come up with something sleek, modern, yet classic and timeless.

az-uni-png.90751

Reaction Score
I'd start by throwing it out to the students and making it a design contest where a combination of students and players vote for the winner. The only rules here are the ones we place on ourselves. Let's bring the students in and generate a little excitement.

Reaction Score
I'd start by throwing it out to the students and making it a design contest where a combination of students and players vote for the winner. The only rules here are the ones we place on ourselves. Let's bring the students in and generate a little excitement.
Have you ever heard the story of Boaty McBoatface? Don't ever leave it up to people that don't bear any responsibility for the outcome. Unless you think the contestants are only professional designers, but in that case good luck getting them to do it free.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I don't want anything inspired by Arizona.....after we just got shafted because of them, I'm all set!

But honestly, our boring unis need some help. I'm hoping Mora can continue to infuse more youth into the program and get some good alt jerseys at least

Reaction Score
Sorry, but Arizona’s football uniforms are insipid. We’re also not Oregon, nor should we be. Our uniforms and helmets are fine. Let’s win games and build the football brand to a measure of respectability before tinkering at the edges. And for the record, we need to fully embrace “new” Husky. That “old” Husky had its day, and nostalgia has its place, but when rebuilding our football brand, “fluffy the Samoyed“ doesn’t cut it.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but Arizona’s football uniforms are insipid. We’re also not Oregon, nor should we be. Our uniforms and helmets are fine. Let’s win games and build the football brand to a measure of respectability before tinkering at the edges. And for the record, we need to fully embrace “new” Husky. That “old” Husky had its day, and nostalgia has its place, but when rebuilding our football brand, “fluffy the Samoyed“ doesn’t cut it.
This is not tinkering around the edges. Oregon is in the Big10 because they created awesome uniforms and that led to a national brand and recruits and so on. UConn needs to do the same thing on all fronts. They need to make the brand exceptionally cool and uniforms are a huge part of that. Winning is not the main criteria in building in going P4 but rather a tiny part, which is why you see Colorado and Arizona in the Big 12 without winning. There are tons of FBS teams that consistently have 8 to 10 wins in the Sunbelt's, Mac, MW etc but they don't have a cool brand.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If I had the authority, we'd wear white helmets for all but the rare (once every few years) occasion. It would have the block C, but a slightly smaller version than what we've worn, and a thin, single blue stripe.

We would always wear white pants and alternate between white and blue jerseys.

Reaction Score
Gray signifies drab and dull. That’s not who we are.
Amazing and I will take hate for this, how many car manufactures are putting out primer gray with a clear coat. Drab and dull, agreed. But must be a new generation thing. Or....... could it just be out of respect for all of us baby boomer gray senior citizens? ;)

Reaction Score
The all white or all color was big in CFB last year. Don’t love that. Match the helmet to the pants, contrast with jersey. That’s the recipe.

Reaction Score
Dog is a great logo - we’re lucky to have it. Needs to be a tad bigger on the helmet. Blue and white is classy. Especially our blue. A little bit of red goes a long way. Maybe on shoes, helmet touches. Having numbers right-sized is key as well.
Love uni talk! One of the fun parts of anticipating football season.

Reaction Score
I’m having flashbacks to when the Block C was going to make everything better and right the ship.

Truth is it’s at least classic flagship look instead of the doggie doo-do we insist on putting on our helmets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom