UNH VS. UConn game replay? | The Boneyard

UNH VS. UConn game replay?

Reaction Score
Anyone have a copy this game? I was at a Christmas event and couldn't watch it.:(

Reaction Score
I hope the UConn team that went down 18-9 does not show up again because if they do, they will struggle with every team left on the schedule including the dregs of the aac. UNH is one of the worst teams in D1.

On the positive side, the Uconn team that followed that stinker up with a 15-0 run was lights out. THAT version can play with nearly anyone IMO. The UConn team that showed up for large stretches in the second half was also fun to watch and if we see that version they will challenge for top 3 in the aac.

Regardless of what some people might want to say, UConn has the talent this year to do something decent, the year is still young, especially considering how crazy the year has been without any truly dominant teams BUT they need to take the bull by the horns, take advantage of the wide open field. We shall see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope the UConn team that went down 18-9 does not show up again because if they do, they will struggle with every team left on the schedule including the dregs of the aac. UNH is one of the worst teams in D1.

On the positive side, the Uconn team that followed that stinker up with a 15-0 run was lights out. THAT version can play with nearly anyone IMO. The UConn team that showed up for large stretches in the second half was also fun to watch and if we see that version they will challenge for top 3 in the aac.

Regardless of what some people might want to say, UConn has the talent this year to do something decent, the year is still young, especially considering how crazy the year has been without any truly dominant teams BUT they need to take the bull by the horns, take advantage of the wide open field. We shall see.

Agree, but if Carlton remains AWOL this team will really struggle against Cincinnati and others with athletic and big front courts.

Reaction Score
UPDATE: For those looking for a replay on UConnHuskyGames.com. I am having issues with YouTube tonight so it might not be up until later tomorrow. Sorry.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
UPDATE: For those looking for a replay on UConnHuskyGames.com. I am having issues with YouTube tonight so it might not be up until later tomorrow. Sorry.
Damn. You’re blue ballin me. Can I at least get highlights? Just the tip?

Reaction Score
They’re bottom third, but certainly not one of the worst. Before today their worst loss was 14 points.

Yeah they are usually quite bad, but this year just regular bad.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks for putting up replay. Commentary on first six and a half minutes. Score was 18-9.

Could have have been closer if we made free throws. Could have been worse if refs called charges on CV instead of blocking fouls.

In Bouknight’s first few minutes he failed to switch on his first defensive set leaving his player wide open but he fortunately missed the three. On his second defensive set he left his player to defend against a driving player who kicked out to his wide open player for a made three.

Bouk missed a midrange shot and did not rotate back resulting in a break away basket. He missed a wide open three. Only good play in his first few minutes was getting an offensive rebound. But he missed a bunny and after getting fouled on his next shot made only one of his free throws. In another play he over penetrated and turned the ball over. In other words he played like an average freshman having a bad game during this interval.

Josh was a liability on defense and we were unable to make him an asset on offense.

When the deficit increased Al and CV began to press on offense. My interpretation is they lose composure/think they’re not playing with enough intensity so they go into out of control mode which we perceive as hero ball.

Gaffney was substituted for Al, Whaley for Josh. Whaley was strategic given UNH’s players. Jalen came in and played poised immediately which settled the team.

We keep discussing things in isolation promoting one player over another. Things are more complicated than this. It’s rare any player plays optimally all game every game. The goal is to improve as many players as possible to afford the maximum flexibility within a game and over a season.

Three games ago Gaffney would not have been able to come in and settle the team. Development is a process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom