Unexpected Problem | The Boneyard

Unexpected Problem

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Going with 6 players, always brings forth the problem of someone getting injured; then, trouble arises.
I never expected what I saw on Sunday: FOUR of the 6 players used had 4 personal fouls.
Does anyone remember that ever happening during the "Geno era?"

If the team goes the rest of the season with only 6 players in clutch situations, don't you think that opposing coaches will try to take advantage of this?
A lot of "good" came out of that game. To me, that is the worst "bad."

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
At Maryland 2013 is the closest I can think off. UCONN was short handed in the front court missing both Morgan Tuck and KML. Dolson got in foul trouble early and Stewie and Kiah piled up some cheap ones.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Going with 6 players, always brings forth the problem of someone getting injured; then, trouble arises.
I never expected what I saw on Sunday: FOUR of the 6 players used had 4 personal fouls.
Does anyone remember that ever happening during the "Geno era?"

If the team goes the rest of the season with only 6 players in clutch situations, don't you think that opposing coaches will try to take advantage of this?
A lot of "good" came out of that game. To me, that is the worst "bad."
The last time UCONN played Notre Dame. :D:rolleyes:

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
There were three, not four. Collier, ONO, and Lou. Collier's was a problem, except that ONO filled in very well. Collier does need to avoid the tricky tack reach ins that she is prone to. ONO is foul prone but hopefully that improves as the coaches work with her. ND had three players with four fouls as well.

Lou picked up her third at the 3:40 mark when UConn was ahead by 14, 81-67. She picked up her fourth with about a minute to go. So I don't think it was a big problem, other than Collier. At any rate I don't think we changed our defensive approach much because of the foul situation.

There were three with four fouls in last year's Final Four, Lou, Gabby and Kia. Much worse then because of how close the game was.

Another one was Florida State opening game two seasons ago, we somehow won even though Chong and Kia fouled out and Lou and Gabby each had four.

Fouls are the one thing I worry about. But that has always been the case, even going back to 1995 when Lobo picked up three in the first half of the Final against Tennessee.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Right:::::::::3, not 4

Reaction Score
After Lou got her third foul, ND tried to get her the 4th by having Young get the ball and try to go hard to the basket hoping Lou will get her 4th

Reaction Score
After Lou got her third foul, ND tried to get her the 4th by having Young get the ball and try to go hard to the basket hoping Lou will get her 4th
Lou was helped a little bit on that foul. Replay shows Shepard pushing Lou’s back so she ran right into Young...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom