Uneasy Feeling Today | The Boneyard

Uneasy Feeling Today

Reaction Score
Remember when Kansas came in and smoked us national tv? I think it was back at laptop time. Well we are on CBS today where the entire country will see what goes down. A win today would stop a lot of the bleeding.

Reaction Score
That was Ray's sophomore year; 94-95. One of our better teams and we got absolutely slaughtered. One of my worst memories of UConn bball.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Kansas at HCC the Ricky Moore and Kirk King airline ticket time?

Yep, that was great. My favorite UConn loss of all time and one of the loudest games at HCC ever. That game (coupled with KEA coming in) made me believe we could actually win a championship. Prior to that I always thought we'd never win the big one; which, ironically in retrospect, was a major knock on JC for a while.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Wasn't Kansas at HCC the Ricky Moore and Kirk King airline ticket time?
Yes.

In 94-95 we played them in Kemper, immediately following our first ever #1 AP ranking, the second game of a double header with our women vs theirs. Two years later, right after the two suspensions they came here to finish the series. At Kemper we got smoked out of the gate, in Hartford we looked great for the first six plus minutes, hung in for about ten or so but ran out of gas and it got ugly (Rip played PG that game).

Reaction Score
I will be happy if we are only down 25 at the half

Reaction Score
It was 88-59, but that roster with Ray and Donny and KO was not as good as today’s team.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Gonna lose by 30+ again.

Reaction Score
I will be happy if we are only down 25 at the half
I would not be surprised if we keep it close, at least for the first half. Wheels come off in the second half and Larrier gets a headache. If he doesn't play at all then we lose by 30 to Villanova's bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Love to think we can stay close but then I look at the roster.

Just not enough talent, shooters or legit ballhandlers.

I want to be so wrong about this but............

Reaction Score
My only question is how many teeets about how bad Uconn is does Jeff Goodman already have in his queue.

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if we keep it close, at least for the first half. Wheels come off in the second half and Larrier gets a headache. If he doesn't play at all then we lose by 30 to Villanova's bench.
I say its MSU part 2. Since Larrier is playing, and with the home crowd, I also think they keep it close for most of the first half. Villanova most likely pulls away in the second half

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes.

In 94-95 we played them in Kemper, immediately following our first ever #1 AP ranking, the second game of a double header with our women vs theirs. Two years later, right after the two suspensions they came here to finish the series. At Kemper we got smoked out of the gate, in Hartford we looked great for the first six plus minutes, hung in for about ten or so but ran out of gas and it got ugly (Rip played PG that game).

I was at Kemper for that, having just graduated from KU the year before. I was with all Jayhawk fan friends. That was embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Uconn ALSO went to the elite 8 that year before losing to the best team in the country and eventual champion in a very close game/shoot out (102-96) vs UCLA, won something like 28 games and beat Kansas the very next year. Plus they did not get blown out almost literally every other game like this year (is that now 6 losses of 15 or more now this year?) Ya, I think Nova beat them by 20 that year too, but otherwise, they only had like 2 or 3 other closes losses along with the 2 to Kansas and UCLA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom