Under/Over Number of wins Diaco needs to avoid getting canned | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Under/Over Number of wins Diaco needs to avoid getting canned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
he is here through the end of 2017. There is NO way he is leaving before then. You people need to get a grip.

Reaction Score
Again, I love my Huskies and this Huskies family, but if you think Diaco is showing us that he's the right guy, you're kidding yourselves. I know I say this after an expected @ss whooping we took last night ( Houston could've easily pulled a Cochran on us... Cochran as in Casey's dad who use to have his CT HS teams absolutely destroy opponents putting up 50/60 points a game with no sweat ). but they let up at 42... early in the 4th quarter (early). and on National TV... It's all on Diaco because he's the head coach... He has the final say in what type of stuff we run...

Frustrating.

I know we LOVE our defense here in Connecticut ( Defense wins championships.. rah! rah! rah! ), but the reality is this is FBS level College football. College Football. IN 2016! Not the 80's or 90's or the 1st half of the 2000's.... This game is evolving. On OFFENSE, although we may have plays in our playbook that can do these things, our play calling doesn't trust the big play. It only trusts what it sees.. Unfortunately what it sees is exactly what the opposing team's D sees...

Don't give me that methodical style, where the opponent down in the trenches bulls**t either. We're NOT built for that yet. Not talent wise... Which means YOU IMPROVISE. You have to have wrinkles other than FAKE FGs, FAKE Punts, QB runs to an open hole. That's it!?! That's all we got!?!

I don't know about anybody else here, but I see more from this team on offense. It's underutilized. And it's not fair to the kids on the team, not to mention us as fans... Yeah, you're trying to build something here, but WTF are you building? A CONSERVATIVE football team to match the Conservatives of Connecticut? IF that's the case, UCONN Football is missing the boat again...

Reaction Score
he is here through the end of 2017. There is NO way he is leaving before then. You people need to get a grip.
When we're 10-2 next year a P5 school will come calling.. and he'll leave.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Whatever happened to the fat guy who hired Diaco? Maybe, we can fire him retroactively.
Did Herbst hire the fat guy? If so, Fire her too.

Reaction Score
Yup. That is my read. What happens next weekend vs. Cincinnati should be very interesting nonetheless.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati lost at home to Houston 40-16. So this will indeed be interesting. Should be a very winnable game especially with the added days off to heal.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati lost at home to Houston 40-16. So this will indeed be interesting. Should be a very winnable game especially with the added days off to heal.
That score is very deceiving. Cincinnati lead early in the fourth quarter.

Reaction Score
It should be 6. It'll probably be 4.

I like what some other school did (forget which one), which was to build in a clause in the coach's contract that they get a bonus or a salary increase if they make it to a P5 conference. Like it or not, for the survival of the athletic program, that has to be part of the job description of the football coach. Not just win games, but build a fanbase, draw eyeballs (locally and nationally), and dispel the idea that this is a small-time, meek, and embarrassing football program.

Reaction Score
4 could go either way but 3 puts a lot of pressure on for change and dries up support on multiple fronts.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm confident that Diaco is safe (save some very stupid extracurricular incident) through at least the end of the 2017 season.

I imagine DB has stray conversations with BD on the progress of the program. I would wager that this off season there will be serious conversations about the direction of the program that will include suggestions from DB on how to expedite the path to the top of the conference. How BD reacts to these suggestions and how realistic post 2017 progress appears based on 2017 results will be the keys to DB's decision at the end of 2017.

Reaction Score
It's early but with a new coach UCF looks a credible side. The right coach and system can change things in a hurry in college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom