Under/Over Number of wins Diaco needs to avoid getting canned

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
2.5? 3.5? 4.5? 5.5 ? 6.5?

Reaction Score
Status quo: 6 and he's safe. 4 to 5 and getting improvement as the year goes on I think he's safe too.

Reaction Score
I think this is going to play out in a way that makes this season bearable but the long term a nightmare. My prediction is that we beat Cincy next week at home and ultimately find a way to 6 wins. BS is a little streaky and next week we'll use the long ball again and he'll connect on a few. We'll see a diverse offense at home on a crisp fall day and life will be good.

Thinking we are back on track, we'll catch some breaks and avoid a couple of last second losses like the Navy and Cuse debacles along the way and Bob will assure himself another year. Next year he'll do about the same type of job and wind up with 4-7 wins. The win total will solely depend on whether or not he ends up in critical situations that require coaching composure in close games. If he's lucky, things go his way and he's back in 18' with a bunch of young players on the field (yikes) and if things don't break his way, he's gone. As fans, we are back in the horrible position of being torn. Do we want to win and delay the inevitable or get this shot show moving along and take our beatings ASAP? It is a terrible position to be in for serious fans like all of us. Unfortunately, it seems the writing is on the wall. I think Benedict is the type that would flex some muscle and make a shocking change if needed, not sure if he'd be allowed to.

Reaction Score
He's back regardless. Lets let it go and move on.

The day we can't be so sure of that is the day we start making our way into a P5 conference. Btw, no guarantee he's back regardless of cost if he doesn't win at least two more games. It's just too critical of a time to be complacent. One thing everyone should remember, if the Big 12 doesn't expand this year, they'll be right back to discussing it in a year or two. We better start winning football games if we want to get into a power conference.

Reaction Score
3-9 and Benedict will need to consider taking the financial hit. Anything more and Diaco gets another year, as much as I may hate it . . .

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Can't coach speed. Against teams like Houston not much we can do.
i had this thought like 5 times tonight. Also on the Ward Jr TD where he was supposed to run QB power to the left and then stopped and switched directions back to the right Folorunso Fatukasi was actually in the perfect position to make the play but for some reason decided he didn't want to keep backside contain so he ran to yards to the right and two yards down. It's actually hilarious to watch.

@Kgun7 if you want to char this one in addition to your normal key play its totally hilarious to watch. It was so bad I actually rewound the game and slow mo played it and explained to my girlfriend how the entire touchdown should have never happened because Foley had backside contain and was standing on the 14, except when Ward Jr decided to run back and went over the 14 Foley was all the way down to the 11.5 yard-line

Reaction Score
Ex
I think under 5 and he takes a bit anyway. You can hire all the marketers you want. If the fans don't think the product is any good crowds in the mid- low 20s are a real possibility. Next year we have Missouri coming which will pump up the gate for 1 game but after that people are not coming to watch bad boring football coached by someone they don't believe in. I have a real concern that we could go all Pasqualoni next year if things don't turn around soon.

Reaction Score
The day we can't be so sure of that is the day we start making our way into a P5 conference. Btw, no guarantee he's back regardless of cost if he doesn't win at least two more games. It's just too critical of a time to be complacent. One thing everyone should remember, if the Big 12 doesn't expand this year, they'll be right back to discussing it in a year or two. We better start winning football games if we want to get into a power conference.
Agreed. He will be back WITH major changes on the staff and a short leash because of the financial implications of the buyout. Just my opinion. That typically doesn't bode well but it could work. Not sure. Next week is such a pivotal game for the direction of this season.

Reaction Score
If Warde was still here there would be a 0% chance he was fired this year, but he is not a Benedict hire so there is no allegiance therefore there is a slim slim chance he gets canned with under 4 wins, but I still would be shocked if that happened.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Exactly which booster is going to pay his $5M buyout if we were to can him.... UConn isn't LSU.

Reaction Score
i had this thought like 5 times tonight. Also on the Ward Jr TD where he was supposed to run QB power to the left and then stopped and switched directions back to the right Folorunso Fatukasi was actually in the perfect position to make the play but for some reason decided he didn't want to keep backside contain so he ran to yards to the right and two yards down. It's actually hilarious to watch.

@Kgun7 if you want to char this one in addition to your normal key play its totally hilarious to watch. It was so bad I actually rewound the game and slow mo played it and explained to my girlfriend how the entire touchdown should have never happened because Foley had backside contain and was standing on the 14, except when Ward Jr decided to run back and went over the 14 Foley was all the way down to the 11.5 yard-line
The Boneyard is my girlfriend...... Uconn could still get to 7-5 if they can turn it around but I am hoping for 6-6. If Bryant could only have hit some receivers downfield last night on the attempts he actually had some time with the game could've looked a little different.

My problem with this Uconn team is that they coaches and players say "We should be 4-1". Well guys I hate to say it but you are 2-3 and need to clean up plenty of mistakes such as the Foley play which I concur was hilarious to watch.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
UConn head coach: Diaco takes control

This article says the buyout is $4.2 million through 12/31/14, and goes down $800k a year. That would mean that it is $1.8 million on 1/1/17. A $5 million buyout is job security, a $1.8 million buyout is an annoyance.

Diaco may need to go .500 to keep his job.

Reaction Score
UConn head coach: Diaco takes control

This article says the buyout is $4.2 million through 12/31/14, and goes down $800k a year. That would mean that it is $1.8 million on 1/1/17. A $5 million buyout is job security, a $1.8 million buyout is an annoyance.

Diaco may need to go .500 to keep his job.

The buyout numbers changed after his extension, I believe . . .

Reaction Score
Funny. So many of the writers here forecast the runaway victory by Houston. Now that it has happened they are calling fo bd replacement. Give some credit to Houston. In addition at least 4 overthrown passes would have made the score significantly different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom