Undefeated Story on Barbara Turner | The Boneyard

Undefeated Story on Barbara Turner

Reaction Score
Very nice article, good to keep up with former players! One nitpick / question though - one of the pictures of Barbara with a CT Sun player - the caption says it's Ketia Swanier, but that does not look like her to me. Ketia was smaller/shorter than her, this player looks bigger. Anyone know who it is?

Reaction Score
Very nice article, good to keep up with former players! One nitpick / question though - one of the pictures of Barbara with a CT Sun player - the caption says it's Ketia Swanier, but that does not look like her to me. Ketia was smaller/shorter than her, this player looks bigger. Anyone know who it is?
That's Sandrine Gruda from France

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Looks like Sandrine Gruda to me.

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing the article. Awesome story about BT. If anyone ever gets that chance to travel to Ohio and happened to be in the Cleveland area, you have to make that stop or drive the area by East Tech. Just brings this story home. Proud of Barbara aka Bahar and her many accomplishments, especially hearing how she played with a stress fracture in high school. Wow!

Reaction Score
I remember Barbara for her performance in the NCAA regional final in 2004 against Penn State. She scored 26 points and was 4 of 5 from 3 point range. With DT's 27 points, they outscored Penn State 53 to 49. Penn State didn't have anyone who could guard either DT or Turner. The rest of the UCONN team only scored 13 points.

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing the article. Awesome story about BT. If anyone ever gets that chance to travel to Ohio and happened to be in the Cleveland area, you have to make that stop or drive the area by East Tech. Just brings this story home. Proud of Barbara aka Bahar and her many accomplishments, especially hearing how she played with a stress fracture in high school. Wow!
BT was an absolute warrior, who played about a foot taller than her height. The was an LSU game where she held off Sylvia Fowles by herself for most of a half. She almost single handedly beat Duke to get us to a final four in 2006.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom