Undefeated 2002 | The Boneyard

Undefeated 2002

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I watched the first two. I was incredibly impressed with how well spoken most of the former players are. Some are just shy and not outgoing in speaking unless Geno asks them a direct question, but Tina Charles and Renee Montgomery especially from the younger group, and then the ENTIRE cadre from the 1995 team - they were so well-spoken, intelligent, and a joy to listen to.

Clearly Geno is a huge influence in their lives - both from a basketball perspective AND from a life perspective. So honored and blessed to be a UCONN fan, and proud of the women who still represent the university with class and eloquence.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hope they have them all.

Reaction Score
This team has the most underrated UCONN Husky of all time, Asjha Jones. Can you even believe she has an Olympic gold medal and she isn't on the Huskies of Honor Wall? She was a 3rd team AP AA her senior year-I wish Geno would bend the rules for her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The audio on this version is just not that good. Hard to hear the detailed stories. :(:(

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“Shea and Sveta were the guards. They wouldn’t pass you the ketchup and dinner, let alone the ball.” When Sure went down with the acl injury

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
This team has the most underrated UCONN Husky of all time, Asjha Jones. Can you even believe she has an Olympic gold medal and she isn't on the Huskies of Honor Wall? She was a 3rd team AP AA her senior year-I wish Geno would bend the rules for her.
Not to mention her long and stellar WNBA career. I guess if you added in all the deserving players to honor you'd need more walls.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
“Shea and Sveta were the guards. They wouldn’t pass you the ketchup and dinner, let alone the ball.” When Sure went down with the acl injury
Classic Geno to haul that line out.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
One thing I noticed near the start of the video was Sue hoisting her framed jersey. Sure looked like SeniorDay/Night 2002. So the long sought-after video exists. How do we get to see it?

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
This podcast verified some of things some or all of us knew about the 2000-2001 season. They verified it was a huge collection of talent, something everyone knew, which was totally dominant at the start of the season. They verified that as the season progressed there were chemistry issues with several different groups forming. I'm guessing the seniors, juniors and freshmen were different groups and one of those three did not bond as well with the other two. It verified what some of us have alleged, that the chemistry and performance had improved towards the end of the year.

Another enjoyable podcast. I agree with EricLA, 1995 was the best watch so far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom