Uncommitted Top 2022 (Doh!) Prospects | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Uncommitted Top 2022 (Doh!) Prospects

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Ashlyn Watkins’ recruitment is about to near a conclusion. The Cardinal Newman senior will be announcing her college choice on Nov. 17 at her Columbia-area high school on the final day of the early fall period for basketball. Athletes have between Nov. 10 and 17 to sign their national letter of intent for the fall period.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/sports/col...asketball/article255541871.html#storylink=cpy

Reaction Score
Top-60 2023 players with "finalists" lists and schools "in play" for those players: Updated

13 Have already committed:
(#9,#12,#20,#21,#28,#32,#34,#36,#38,#46,#54)

9 additional have already put out a "finalists" list:
(#3,#4,#5,#6,#17,#19,#23,#33,#41)

Of the Top-10 only #1,#2,#7, and #10 are left undetermined.

19 of the Top-40 have either committed or put out a "finalists" list

Here is a breakdown :

Stanford - 2 commits(#12,#38)/4 finalists:
(#5,#17,#19,#23)
Oregon - 2 commits(#28,#32)/4 finalists:
(#4,#6,#17,#19)

UConn - 1 commit(#8)/4 finalists:
(#3,#4,#5,#6)
UCLA - 1 commit(#20)/4 finalists:
(#4,#19,#23,#33)
N.Dame - 1 commit(#54)/4 finalists:
(#4,#5,#9,#23)

Duke - 0 commits/4 finalists:
(#3,#4,#6,#23)
Tennessee - 0 commits/4 finalists:
(#5,#6,#19,#33)

NC - 1 commit(#11)/3 finalists:
(#3,#5,#19)

Arizona - 0 commits/3 finalists(#4,#17,#19)
Louisville - 0 commits/3 finalists:(#5,#6,#19)
S.Cal. - 0 commits/3 finalists:(#4,#17,#19)
Texas - 0 commits/3 finalists(#4,#6,#17)
Vandy - 0 commits/3 finalists(#3,#5,#33)

TCU - 0 commits/2 finalists (#17,#41)

Maryland - 2 commits(#21,#36)+UR E.Fisher,UR S.Bostock(Canada)/1 finalist(#3)

Missouri - 1 commit(#34)/1 finalist(#33)

Arkansas - 1 commit(#9)/no finalist lists
Michigan St. - 1 commit(#46)/no finalist lists

Northwestern -0 commits/1 finalist (#3)
Penn State - 0 commits/1 finalist (#3)
S.Carolina - 0 commits/1 finalist(#6)
Florida State - 0 commits/1 finalist (#6)
LSU - 0 commits/1 finalist (#17)
Texas A&M - 0 commits/1 finalist (#17)
Kentucky - 0 commits/1 finalists(#19)
Ole Miss - 0 commits/1 finalist (#19)
Virginia - 0 commits/1 finalist (#19)
Oregon St. - 0 commits/1 finalist(#23)
Washington - 0 commits/1 finalists(#23)
Miss.State - 0 commits/1 finalists(#33)
Wisconsin - 0 commits/1 finalists(#33)
Kansas - 0 commits/1 finalist (#33)
W.Va. - 0 commits/1 finalist (#33)
Iowa St. - 0 commits/1 finalist(#41)
Kansas St. - 0 commits/1 finalist(#41)
Oklahoma St. - 0 commits/1 finalist(#41)
Texas Tech - 0 commits/1 finalist(#41)

Non-P5 Schools:

Villanova - 1 finalist(#3)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1636240928753.png

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
With Indya Nivar's commitment to Stanford and Ashlyn Watkins to USC today...it leaves just Darianna Littlepage-Buggs and Maggie Mendelson as uncommitted in the Top 2022. (Flau'Jae committed to LSU the other day. And Saniyah Glenn to Harvard.

Reaction Score
#21 Paris Clark did not sign with UCLA so there's actually three
That's interesting.

I'm not saying something is rotten at UCLA but there is a hint of stench from the size of the class.

They offered a huge number of players this year. MASSIVE! Then, they got seven commits. That's almost half a full roster in one class!

The last, and top, commitment was from a top 5 prospect at guard and the number 21 player, also a guard, appears to have decommitted (or had her offer withdrawn?????) Seems to be a lack of loyalty to Paris Clark's commitment on UCLA's part.

I could be very wrong. Paris' failure to sign may have been based upon any number of factors.

Reaction Score
According to the Baylor forum, Littlepage-Buggs has committed to the Bears. Good get by the new coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's interesting.

I'm not saying something is rotten at UCLA but there is a hint of stench from the size of the class.

They offered a huge number of players this year. MASSIVE! Then, they got seven commits. That's almost half a full roster in one class!

The last, and top, commitment was from a top 5 prospect at guard and the number 21 player, also a guard, appears to have decommitted (or had her offer withdrawn?????) Seems to be a lack of loyalty to Paris Clark's commitment on UCLA's part.

I could be very wrong. Paris' failure to sign may have been based upon any number of factors.
UCLA's 2021-22 roster has 14 players on scholarship. 6 will complete their eligibility (Chou, Conti, Thomas, Penn, Horvat, and Owens). Heard a 7th will graduate and not return. That leaves seven returnees in 2022. One returnee, guard Cam Brown, has had multiple surgeries to repair injuries to both knees. The staff limits her minutes per game. Forward Emily Bessoir tore an ACL, making her unavailable this season. Will she recover fully by the beginning of the 2022-23 season?

UCLA currently has seven of the fourteen available to play. It played short handed all of last season. Starting forward Lauryn Miller injured an ACL in the NCAA round of 32 loss to Texas. Had UCLA advanced it would have had six available. With the experience of a short roster it's fully reasonable for the coaches to have a near full roster.

I question your assertion that UCLA made extraordinary number of offers, MASSIVE as you put it, for 2022 compared to prior seasons. I have no knowledge of how many offers a top 25 D-1 programs makes in a season. If you do have such data then many here would love to have your share it.

We do know that Close's staff had greater success getting commitments from the 2022 recruiting class than previous years. Others have noted that UCLA, Arizona and Oregon seem to become finalist for a significant number of top recruits. Up to now UCLA has been on the losing end of most of those recruiting contests. UCLA's recent recruiting class sizes:
2021: 1 (covid early entry)
2020: 2 (3rd could not enter US and turned pro)
2019: 4 (1 transfer after one season)
2018: 3 (2 transfers after one season)
2017: 4 (2 remain, 2 graduated)

I'm pretty certain that UCLA did not withdrew its offer to Clark once Clark committed. I don't get your remark about "lack of loyalty". Do you refer to continuing to recruit Kiki Rice after it got commitments from Jones and Clark (and 2023 Jada Williams)? If you have a good chance to land the #2 rated recruit to add to your roster would you stop?

Not sure why having an incoming class of seven suggest a "hint of stench". A better question one might ask is whether or not UCLA players experience an inordinate amount of injuries and, if so, why?

Reaction Score
UCLA's 2021-22 roster has 14 players on scholarship. 6 will complete their eligibility (Chou, Conti, Thomas, Penn, Horvat, and Owens). Heard a 7th will graduate and not return. That leaves seven returnees in 2022. One returnee, guard Cam Brown, has had multiple surgeries to repair injuries to both knees. The staff limits her minutes per game. Forward Emily Bessoir tore an ACL, making her unavailable this season. Will she recover fully by the beginning of the 2022-23 season?

UCLA currently has seven of the fourteen available to play. It played short handed all of last season. Starting forward Lauryn Miller injured an ACL in the NCAA round of 32 loss to Texas. Had UCLA advanced it would have had six available. With the experience of a short roster it's fully reasonable for the coaches to have a near full roster.

I question your assertion that UCLA made extraordinary number of offers, MASSIVE as you put it, for 2022 compared to prior seasons. I have no knowledge of how many offers a top 25 D-1 programs makes in a season. If you do have such data then many here would love to have your share it.

We do know that Close's staff had greater success getting commitments from the 2022 recruiting class than previous years. Others have noted that UCLA, Arizona and Oregon seem to become finalist for a significant number of top recruits. Up to now UCLA has been on the losing end of most of those recruiting contests. UCLA's recent recruiting class sizes:

I'm pretty certain that UCLA did not withdrew its offer to Clark once Clark committed. I don't get your remark about "lack of loyalty". Do you refer to continuing to recruit Kiki Rice after it got commitments from Jones and Clark (and 2023 Jada Williams)? If you have a good chance to land the #2 rated recruit to add to your roster would you stop?

Not sure why having an incoming class of seven suggest a "hint of stench". A better question one might ask is whether or not UCLA players experience an inordinate amount of injuries and, if so, why?
Does ucla have more than normal amount of injuries

Reaction Score

So, you are saying the only stench is the pot I’m stirring.

As I SAID, “ I could be very wrong.” I’ll accept your reply as proof. Also, it appears that teams like SCar and UConn are carrying more players than years past. Perhaps the open transfer portal is now more heavily on the minds of all coaches

How many spots do you expect to have open next year?

Reaction Score
Does ucla have more than normal amount of injuries
As a UCLA fan, I will say that it sure seems to. But they come in a variety of flavors (ACL, back, ankle) which make it unlikely to be a single cause. Also, UCLA has not backed off on offers to some players who got injured in high school, and continued to fall prey to reinjury in college. I haven't heard or seen anything which causes me to believe that the staff is doing something questionable.

Reaction Score
As a UCLA fan, I will say that it sure seems to. But they come in a variety of flavors (ACL, back, ankle) which make it unlikely to be a single cause. Also, UCLA has not backed off on offers to some players who got injured in high school, and continued to fall prey to reinjury in college. I haven't heard or seen anything which causes me to believe that the staff is doing something questionable.
Agreed. This just seems like a stretch of unfortunate luck which I hope turns around for them very soon. Saw the news about Osbourne's injury last night and I hope it isn't serious.

Reaction Score
So, you are saying the only stench is the pot I’m stirring.

As I SAID, “ I could be very wrong.” I’ll accept your reply as proof. Also, it appears that teams like SCar and UConn are carrying more players than years past. Perhaps the open transfer portal is now more heavily on the minds of all coaches

How many spots do you expect to have open next year?
I think UCLA will return seven next season leaving eight available scholarships. Five have signed an NLI. Barring any unexpected returnee the Bruins currently have three scholarships still available.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom