Uncharacteristically Chris Dailey Talks Recruiting Etc | The Boneyard

Uncharacteristically Chris Dailey Talks Recruiting Etc

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

"Dailey’s call for individual and team improvement applies across the board, including the team’s best player. Walker leads the team with 22.1 points per game (seventh-best in the nation), but things will only get more challenging from here as teams make her the focal point of their preparation against the Huskies.

“I think she’s going to watch a lot of film and she’s going to understand and see how people are playing her,” Dailey said. “That’s the biggest part. Part of growth as a player is playing against the person that’s guarding you. You can’t just run plays, you have to play basketball, and some of that has to do with read and react depending on how they’re focusing on you or how their defense is set up.”

On recruiting and comments of the ill informed.

"I laugh at the people that make comments about where our recruiting is — they don’t know anything about what we do or how we do it," Dailey continued. "I don’t think those same people are making comments now. We don’t worry about it, but it does make you chuckle a little bit because I think I just read a headline in the New York Times that said ‘UConn who?’” [referring to a recent article discussing the rise of the Pac-12]. That made me chuckle too.”

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This great to have a Chris Daly presser! We know she is 9-0 coaching games that Geno has had to miss over the years but has CD had to miss any games during her career and if so, what is Geno’s record when she is out?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This great to have a Chris Daly presser! We know she is 9-0 coaching games that Geno has had to miss over the years but has CD had to miss any games during her career and if so, what is Geno’s record when she is out?:rolleyes:
CD missed a few games for a death in the family. It was a few years ago. Of course we won.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

"I laugh at the people that make comments about where our recruiting is — they don’t know anything about what we do or how we do it," Dailey continued. "I don’t think those same people are making comments now.
Shot right at charlie and his boys.

We (well at least I do) laugh at them too CD, we laugh at them too.

Reaction Score
CD is such a NICE Lady with ATTITUDE, she just doesn't show it.:):)

Gracious, Caring, giving, tough lady. In the earlier years when Geno was prone to get "T",s she'd do everything humanly possible to keep him from the REFS. His temper and determination collided and he'd get number 2. Leaving CD to carry the team on to Victory. It was not her favorite time. In more recent years she has done it and done it well. Yet, her style showed up in her approach to players and how she subbed. She is NOT a Geno Clone. Expect to see some difference tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Chris always seems so nice and pleasant. I like when she gives a little peak at what an intense competitor she is.
Extremely nice and competitive are not mutually exclusive. CD plays to WIN. (Maya was another of that mold)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Extremely nice and competitive are not mutually exclusive. CD plays to WIN. (Maya was another of that mold)
Fully agree. The side we see is everyone’s favorite aunt. That’s why I enjoy seeing the other side of her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

"Dailey’s call for individual and team improvement applies across the board, including the team’s best player. Walker leads the team with 22.1 points per game (seventh-best in the nation), but things will only get more challenging from here as teams make her the focal point of their preparation against the Huskies.

“I think she’s going to watch a lot of film and she’s going to understand and see how people are playing her,” Dailey said. “That’s the biggest part. Part of growth as a player is playing against the person that’s guarding you. You can’t just run plays, you have to play basketball, and some of that has to do with read and react depending on how they’re focusing on you or how their defense is set up.”

"I laugh at the people that make comments about where our recruiting is — they don’t know anything about what we do or how we do it," Dailey continued. "I don’t think those same people are making comments now. We don’t worry about it, but it does make you chuckle a little bit because I think I just read a headline in the New York Times that said ‘UConn who?’” [referring to a recent article discussing the rise of the Pac-12]. That made me chuckle too.”

Something that hasn't gotten much attention is the ability of UConn players to "read and react." Mentioning Meg in that regard is something that has occurred to me. I've been wondering how good her court vision is considering the many times she throws the ball away. Same for Christyn, whose focus seems to drift in and out (ie, she appears and disappears). It's possible that Crystal's own miscues have something to do with the unpredictability of Meg and Christyn (ie, where they'll be on the court). Maybe it has to do with always having been the featured player on any team that makes integrating into a culture of sharing the ball more difficult for some. Are they even looking for their playmates?
As for not knowing much about UConn's recruiting, that's certainly the case. I can't think of anything I'd like more than to be sitting in coaches' meetings. (Next to shooting a polar bear on Make a Wish, of course. As if.)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Chris has a bit of an edge to her and even tho she almost always smiles, she could be ripping your throat out with her sweet as pie expression still on her face!
She's from Jersey. Us Garden Staters don't suffer fools easily. ;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
YA, all come back now---ya here-a, honey, chil! Jersey girls have a more direct approach and you never know what hit you.
I'm from Central Jersey, but I've lived in SC for a long time. Most people in the South don't know how to handle Jersey directness.

Reaction Score
I'm from Central Jersey, but I've lived in SC for a long time. Most people in the South don't know how to handle Jersey directness.
Do y'all put ketchup on your taylor ham down there?

Reaction Score
LOL, no Taylor Ham or Pork Roll in SC. When I lived in Jersey we kept a kosher house, so there was none there, either.
Haha. Heading to Jersey tomorrow for the holidays. One of my kids lives there, but as much time as I've spent there I still have never ordered Taylor Ham on my bagel sandwich, much less with ketchup on it. Don't see that happening this week either, but who knows?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom