UNC has started kicking players to the curb | The Boneyard

UNC has started kicking players to the curb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tanisha Brown is no longer a Tar Heel. UNC has too many scholarships and they have overrecruited. Brown LOVED UNC. She had been committed since EIGHTH grade. No matter, other higher rated kids wanted in and Sylvia had to make room.

THIS is the terrible side of recruiting. How DD and the rest could agree to a big group committing knowing they would force out current players or recruits is the sad part. No UCONN fans I know are jealous of their recruits. The way this was handled is just trashy and there is no two ways around it.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Do you have a link to an article that says UNC forced Brown out?

Reaction Score
We aren't going to hear about her being forced out but here is recruiting analyst saying she is now open.

Bret McCormick@ASGR1995
Tanisha Brown 5-11 WF 2013 from Conway HS SC had committed to North Carolina. She has opened her recruitment back up.

She committed to UNC nearly four years ago. Is it just a coincidence that now UNC is over the scholarship limit she no longer wants to go to her dream school?

Reaction Score
Do you have a link to an article that says UNC forced Brown out?
Yeah, I would like to see that too. I don't want to pass judgement, yet. But, let's face it. Something has to give to make room for the latest and greatest. But I want to see proof that she was forced out, rather than she came to the decision on her own, without encouragement from the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
We aren't going to hear about her being forced out but here is recruiting analyst saying she is now open.

Bret McCormick@ASGR1995
Tanisha Brown 5-11 WF 2013 from Conway HS SC had committed to North Carolina. She has opened her recruitment back up.

She committed to UNC nearly four years ago. Is it just a coincidence that now UNC is over the scholarship limit she no longer wants to go to her dream school?
How early can a school make a scholarship offer?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is it also possible that she knew that if she stayed that her playing time would be very limited? It certainly wouldn't be the first time. I suspect that Hatchell won't even have to make a move, that the players will see the writing on the wall that it will be difficult to compete for playing time and will look at other schools.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There was a link on the Baylor board that one of the Day sisters had previously rescinded her verbal to play at UNC. That may be old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom