OT: - UNC Bacot made $2 Million with NIL | The Boneyard

OT: UNC Bacot made $2 Million with NIL

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
It's going to be interesting seeing how some of these kids react to that kind of money in college. We know the boom/bust stories for new pro athletes once they feel they made it. Nobody had life changing money in college until now. Will we see some great athletes taking the foot off the gas with a full wallet while in college vs pro's? I am guessing yes and the need for a coach who challenges you will become more valuable as time goes on.

Reaction Score
I wonder how his teammates feel. Jealousy can go crazy with teenagers. Not just him but all NIL recipients.

Just so different now with a player making millions off of his teammates back, and the teammates are not compensated.

Reaction Score
I still don't have an idea for what is considered reasonable or not for NIL, but $2M to lead a consistent top 10 AP team and 1 possession away from the Elite 8 sounds....reasonable? lol no idea

I like Bacot. Obviously it was nice to see him and Spencer go at it and to watch Clingan lock him up, but it was fun to watch his progression as a player and teammate last season

Reaction Score
I still don't have an idea for what is considered reasonable or not for NIL, but $2M to lead a consistent top 10 AP team and 1 possession away from the Elite 8 sounds....reasonable? lol no idea

I like Bacot. Obviously it was nice to see him and Spencer go at it and to watch Clingan lock him up, but it was fun to watch his progression as a player and teammate last season

I'll always like him just for his putting Duke and Coach K in the trash compactor in 2022.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Castle and Clingan have already surpassed those numbers. Spencer and Newton will pass it soon enough. Amd they all got rings and a lifetime of legendary status.
Bacot isn't a top 20 player all-time at UNC.

Good on him cashing in while he could.

pj

Reaction Score
He was at UNC for 5 years, and his NBA career may be brief. He is the poster-child for why college players should be paid. Ryan Boatright is a good example of a UConn player who would have benefited hugely from NIL.

Reaction Score
He was at UNC for 5 years, and his NBA career may be brief. He is the poster-child for why college players should be paid. Ryan Boatright is a good example of a UConn player who would have benefited hugely from NIL.
Yes. I love seeing the big guys and little guys get their money. High-quality college players that aren't likely to make it at the next level.

Those are the guys who need to think of NIL. A guy like Meleek Thomas can more than make up for less in NIL when UConn moves him up a few draft positions (like Castle, a borderline top 10 prospect in his class that was drafted as the second American).

But the Bacot's and Boatright's are smart to max college earnings.

The "undersized" power forwards are another group that would be wise to take advantage of NIL.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom