UNC Announcement Delayed | The Boneyard

UNC Announcement Delayed

Reaction Score
Did UNC find another one if their smaller teams to throw under the bus and kick the can down the road???

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
After reading that the NCAA is only required to notify and not send a copy of the final report I'm taking this news as a positive.

UNC is probably aware it's in severe trouble and the NCAA does not want to give the school any sympathy cover. I can wait.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Bad news would really screw up their fundraising kick off. I think we see what is going on here.

Reaction Score
IDK, I think we will be disappointed in the outcome of this a massive cheating scandal of epic proportions that went on for years. Louisville also , will the NCAA grow a pair and to the right thing? Doubt it and hope I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Could be possible that the NCAA was asked by the FBI to hold off until they get a chance to round up Tar Heels they have in their sights.

Reaction Score
IDK, I think we will be disappointed in the outcome of this a massive cheating scandal of epic proportions that went on for years. Louisville also , will the NCAA grow a pair and to the right thing? Doubt it and hope I'm wrong.

It all depends on what the PR people and congress tells them. The NCAA has their hands tied on this one. This isn’t going after a school or coach they don’t like for lack of institutional control. The FBI is driving the bus on this one. Enema and the cartel will do what they have to salvage tax exempt status and save face/money

Reaction Score
Gee, what a shock.

For some UNIs they can not wait to announce punishment. For other more special teams, well, look what we have here..

Reaction Score
I think they will get around to this right after they punish Duke for the Corey Maggette/Myron Piggie mess.

The delay is comical though. They punished us for the BS retroactive APR crap when it would do the most damage. We lost recruits and players. They have already delayed this enough to guarantee that it won't impact UNC. They will probably ban them for THIS year which will have zero impact on 2018 recruits since the ban will be done before they get there. The kids that were dumb enough to go to UNC this year and the ones dumb enough to stay will get hurt this year and have no escape now. The NCAA will throw in some recruiting restrictions which, looking at cuse, will have nearly zero impact on them whereas it seemed to have killed our recruiting for seemingly forever. Some people here will tell you that we STILL have classes in our program (junior and senior class) that were massively crippled by our sanctions. And those sanctions were handed down HOW LONG AGO???? But everything seems fine at cuse already and they had barely a hiccup. Of course, "self-imposing" their ban to the current season was a nice little move on their part. It screwed the players that year but nose picker made out just fine.

Reaction Score
Assuming the decision has been made and I'm sure it has been made, why would they delay the announcement? This makes no sense.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Assuming the decision has been made and I'm sure it has been made, why would they delay the announcement? This makes no sense.
Two possibilities. UNC dictating things. Or NCAA does not want to allow any perception there is a bias against UNC when they show they are hitting them hard. And yes the two year manipulation should give the NCAA cover enough but after the Miami fiasco the NCAA is probably being overly cautious.

Reaction Score
I would the NCAA to do it on a very light news day. Of course, we haven't had many of those lately.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I've not read through the thread in detail, but imho, delays at this point cannot be good. Although technically unrelated to the FBI investigation, the eyes or the sports world are laser focused on cheating in basketball. I would imagine the NCAA can't allow a favored cheater to get away with a slap on the wrist this time around. They already look pretty stupid for not coming down way harder on Pitino particularly now that many media outlets are documenting his long history of discrepancies that were brushed aside. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the NCAA pulled back the report knowing they had gone too easy with the new focus this decision will warrant. I just can't imagine any delay in the current atmosphere is good for UNC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom