UnBeatable and Domin8 | The Boneyard

UnBeatable and Domin8

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I feel pretty confident that UConn should go undefeated this season. They can only loose if they beat themselves and they may have a few battles and not win every game going away but I believe that there isnt a team in WCBB that can beat them barring injuries, and crazy foul trouble. UConn is that much better then everybody else and next season will be even more dominate. I know ND and Texas gave a few of us concerns. That doesnt bother me. They've already proven they cant beat UConn. Some fans are concerned about Miss St height and they won in last years matchup, Im not. Some fans are concerned that Baylor has all that height and Baylor is not blowing anybody away and they havent played UConn. LVille comes to UConn Monday nite. I welcome them to their NITEMARE. UConn will have a 25 pt lead and coast. Remember that game LVille had against ND when alot of fans thought LVille was the best team in the country. That was a one game wonder . Hey I dont mean this post to disrespect any team however UConn is that good again. I will contend that no team wants to be in the Albany Regional as I expect UConn to be there.

Im excited about UConn. The non starters (I dont like calling them bench players) are getting valuable minutes in conference games. That will play dividends down the road. The top 7-8 are showing big time development and its showing. Collier is hitting treys and playing away from the basket, CD is controlling the game and knocking down treys. Lou is doing everything, Kia is a star, Gabby playing hurt is putting up AA numbers, Z's improvement is immense and MW has shown signs of playing big in games. All this and our defense is really unbelievable when you think about the tuff OOC schedule.

There isnt one team that Ive seen that will be able to defend UConn one on one. You cant play UConn and slack off anybody. You can with other teams. Against TX and ND both teams came out hot. UConn didnt. UConn found a way to win and yes that can happen against other teams too but when your facing an ND or TX both very good teams and you dont have your A game and win...well thats what gives me confidence in UConn.

I was asked in a thread a few days ago what I thought about the Louisville game and I like UConn by 25+.

Reaction Score
Great post as usual, Tony. I do feel better about Baylor after having watched them struggle against OK, but I still think there are ways that they can give UConn all it can handle, unless Z suddenly turns into a different kind of defender against bigs and/or Batouly/Kyla ups their down-low game. Baylor has only lost once, under very unusual circumstances. If that ends up costing them a #1 seed, well, then they will likely have to play someone very, very tough in order to get to UConn, so these fears may come to naught. But still....

Reaction Score
My concerns with my BU team is youth and depth. Yes we have size but you get one of them in foul trouble and it dramatically drop. Also, majority of the team is a freshman and sophomore. UConn doesn't even have many freshman playing. Same with Miss State they have a lot of experience. BU is playing with one loss and only returned two starters and have freshman and sophomores playing big minutes. They have exceeded my expectations for what I would have predicted thus far. However, last several games we have sat out 1-2 players due to injuries.

Reaction Score
Putting aside my usual disclaimers . . . I do think that Baylor and (especially) MS are quite capable of beating UConn under the right circumstances. The keys for those opponents are (1) play tight, harassing defense, esp. when guarding on the perimeter, and (2) slow things down/milk the clock/minimize total possessions. Among other things, slowing things down prevents a footrace with UConn (one that most teams will lose). That, in turn, may lower turnovers and transition points (one of the ways UConn creates separation in the scoring). At the same time, playing tight defense on the perimeter may increase TOs and transition points for the opposition, and forces UConn to shoot more quickly and/or score from mid-range and/or inside (which can be difficult against a team with size in the post).

Reaction Score
Well I feel pretty confident that UConn should go undefeated this season. They can only loose if they beat themselves and they may have a few battles and not win every game going away but I believe that there isnt a team in WCBB that can beat them barring injuries, and crazy foul trouble. UConn is that much better then everybody else and next season will be even more dominate. I know ND and Texas gave a few of us concerns. That doesnt bother me. They've already proven they cant beat UConn. Some fans are concerned about Miss St height and they won in last years matchup, Im not. Some fans are concerned that Baylor has all that height and Baylor is not blowing anybody away and they havent played UConn. LVille comes to UConn Monday nite. I welcome them to their NITEMARE. UConn will have a 25 pt lead and coast. Remember that game LVille had against ND when alot of fans thought LVille was the best team in the country. That was a one game wonder . Hey I dont mean this post to disrespect any team however UConn is that good again. I will contend that no team wants to be in the Albany Regional as I expect UConn to be there.

Im excited about UConn. The non starters (I dont like calling them bench players) are getting valuable minutes in conference games. That will play dividends down the road. The top 7-8 are showing big time development and its showing. Collier is hitting treys and playing away from the basket, CD is controlling the game and knocking down treys. Lou is doing everything, Kia is a star, Gabby playing hurt is putting up AA numbers, Z's improvement is immense and MW has shown signs of playing big in games. All this and our defense is really unbelievable when you think about the tuff OOC schedule.

There isnt one team that Ive seen that will be able to defend UConn one on one. You cant play UConn and slack off anybody. You can with other teams. Against TX and ND both teams came out hot. UConn didnt. UConn found a way to win and yes that can happen against other teams too but when your facing an ND or TX both very good teams and you dont have your A game and win...well thats what gives me confidence in UConn.

I was asked in a thread a few days ago what I thought about the Louisville game and I like UConn by 25+.

After reading your posts over the years, Tony, I've been able to stop seeing my therapist. You always calm my nerves. Thanks.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'll be the preserver of MoJo (UK spelling) here and remind folks that last year we did find a way to beat ourselves.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well I feel pretty confident that UConn should go undefeated this season.
Bad mojo Tonyc....:oops:
But frankly, I agree with you 100%....:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom