Unanimous #1 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Unanimous #1

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Let's put it a different way...do you think Wash St. wants to be put as an 8 in our bracket?
They've got little to nothing to lose so I don't think they'd care and might welcome it. They're the kind of team that can muck things up for us.

I'll just say it this way - of the teams that are making a late run for 6-8 seeds, they may the one I worry about most, assuming they don't implode in the PAC tourney. It'll be interesting to see how they play Zona on Thurs.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Absolutely love it!!

What is the Purdue bias though? Lose to a 14-11 team and only drop 1 spot?
Clearly another casual fan failing to give due consideration to their body of work.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I don't hate that Purdue only dropped 1 since there was separation of the top three teams from the rest, although it was to an unranked team on the road. But disappointed Marquette dropped 3 spots, losing to the #1 team on the road.
IDK...

Difference between losing by 4 on the road and being absolutely destroyed on the road?

Now, we all know that there is a world of difference between how well we are playing and Purdue, but 28 points?

That is more than enough to drop more than 2 pegs, I think.

Reaction Score
How many times do people have to assume a conspiracy against UConn and be wrong? It's constant.

We can just use logic and assume that there is no anti-UConn bias...
Indeed. Sports writers are nowhere near smart enough to keep some kind of conspiracy quiet.

Reaction Score
Absolutely love it!!

What is the Purdue bias though? Lose to a 14-11 team and only drop 1 spot?
How is it Purdue bias?

4 Arizona: more and worse losses, and Purdue absolutely smacked them head to head (8 points, but Purdue led that game wire to wire and was up 15 in the second half.
5. Tennessee: more losses. Purdue beat them head-to-head.

Hard to imagine dropping a 3-loss team all that far, when all their losses are Q1.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
If he falls short of maximizing his generational talent he will have to live with this decision the rest of his life. He has one year to build the thick skin that will be needed to get through his first year or two in the nba. That won’t happen at Dook.
While I agree Hurley would prep him the best, by all accounts the kid come from a good family and has a good support system around him. If he underperforms his hyped potential, I don’t think his choice of 8 months in college will be the reason why, as fun as it would be to blame Duke for that.

Reaction Score
And once again the top combined ranking between mens and womens, briefly held narrowly by South Carolina

Reaction Score
Of course we're the unanimous #1 team in the country. After this weekend, there isn't a single stone unturned to make the argument otherwise. We have made it an unarguable reality that we are the best team in the nation right now.

Reaction Score
Here is my current thought and mood:
Talents like Flagg come and go, there will always be next Flagg. But I’m just going to enjoy and savor the immense pride and success that Dan Hurley and our Huskies have brought to us fans, and smile knowing our program is trending up all time high and in good hands with Hurley!

Reaction Score
1550.jpg

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
While I agree Hurley would prep him the best, by all accounts the kid come from a good family and has a good support system around him. If he underperforms his hyped potential, I don’t think his choice of 8 months in college will be the reason why, as fun as it would be to blame Duke for that.
I would not underestimate what a year of underperforming can do to a kid at that age and their confidence. You are probably right but if he comes up short and is a diva, I think we will have an idea that he was pampered and not developed. I admit I was on Hurley for not playing JStew more. Even now I worry about Ball. But if he can get Ross and Romo to come back I see real potential. Unfortunately Romo is a year behind. Point being when he puts JStew and Ball in the game even though they are not playing a lot they don’t hurt us at a minimum they maintain. And I said it earlier and stand by the idea that by the end of the year JStew is going to have a game where he makes some big shots. He is now capable of giving AK 5-7 minutes of rest without it hurting us.

Reaction Score
Apparently, what's also unanimous among the UConn coaches and players is this: No big deal.

"Anytime you can do things that haven't been done at a place like UConn, you've had a special run," head coach Dan Hurley admitted. "But, no one's thinking about that for a second."

What didn't Hurley bring up to his team before flying out on Monday afternoon. That unanimous No. 1 ranking.

"Hell, no. No way. No way. No way."

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Lotta movement at the bottom - 5 teams added that were unranked last week. I do hope Wash St. doesn't end up an 8 in our bracket. I think they'll end up a 7 maybe 6, and depending on draw, could take out a 2 or 3 seed on first weekend.

Big news in our household... couple of weeks ago Pitt didn't even look like it would make NIT. Four votes this week! Wife is a happy girl.
"Happy wife, happy life."

Reaction Score
Or I can have my own opinions and not follow the hordes
I mean, you can of course do what you want. But when your own opinion is consistently some variation on "This will never happen because EvErYbOdY hAtEs ucONN!" and then it happens over and over again, you may want to reevaluate the underlying premises of your opinions.

But again, feel free to read malice into the patterns of the birds or the dried tea at the bottom of your cup if that's your thing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Seems like this is a perfect week to get the unanimous nod. FB is over and the All-Star game is done, time for attention to turn to college hoop and look, one team is kicking ass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom