UMBC-Vermont finish | The Boneyard

UMBC-Vermont finish

Reaction Score
Anyone else watching? Incredible finish to the American East title game.

Ryan Odom will be an interesting coach to watch going forward.

Reaction Score
I don't get what some of these little conferences have to gain by holding a tourney and risking their best team not getting in. I guess they would lose some money by not having one though. But Vermont was the only team from the american East capable of doing damage IMO.

Or at least do the smart thing, like the IVY, and hold a 4 team playoff between the top 4 teams from the conference. Or even a 3 team playoff, with a play in between 2 and 3 with the honor of facing the 1 seed the next day. Give the top teams more advantages for having a solid season, byes and double byes, or shorten the field so only the top teams even have a chance to begin with.

But wow, 6 seed NC Central could make the tourney (over 1 seed Hampton)...Insane. A terrible season rewarded by a little run. Protect your top seeds more, but oh well, guess these little conferences have their reasons.

BTW, Vermont proves the old adage true, tough to beat a team 3 times in a season. They crushed this team by 28 last month and won with relative ease 2 months ago, by 15. Goes down in flames this time. I actually feel a little bad for Vermont, they would have been fun to watch and the rest of the conference probably wanted Vermont to represent them too.

Reaction Score
I don't get what some of these little conferences have to gain by holding a tourney and risking their best team not getting in. I guess they would lose some money by not having one though. But Vermont was the only team from the american East capable of doing damage IMO.

Or at least do the smart thing, like the IVY, and hold a 4 team playoff between the top 4 teams from the conference. Or even a 3 team playoff, with a play in between 2 and 3 with the honor of facing the 1 seed the next day. Give the top teams more advantages for having a solid season, byes and double byes, or shorten the field so only the top teams even have a chance to begin with.

But wow, 6 seed NC Central could make the tourney (over 1 seed Hampton)...Insane. A terrible season rewarded by a little run. Protect your top seeds more, but oh well, guess these little conferences have their reasons.

BTW, Vermont proves the old adage true, tough to beat a team 3 times in a season. They crushed this team by 28 last month and won with relative ease 2 months ago, by 15. Goes down in flames this time. I actually feel a little bad for Vermont, they would have been fun to watch and the rest of the conference probably wanted Vermont to represent them too.
they just like the current format for the sake of "march madness"

Reaction Score
Travelman, I love it. A lot of these conferences to have an obvious pick at the top of their conference, but there often isn't a huge gap between the conference's best team and the rest of the competition. Look at what happened at the Sun Belt. Louisiana (63 KenPom) was the best team the whole season, but there are plenty of other respectable teams in that conference with Georgia St (106), Arlington (128) and George Southern (147). Arlington ended up winning the conference. Sucks for Louisiana, but great seeing all these teams being able to compete for the big dance.

Reaction Score
here's what makes NO SENSE:
middle tennessee is being CONSIDERED for an at large despite losing their conference tournament
but all the other small conferences are gonna only have the conference tournament winner be allowed in?
hello!??!?

Reaction Score
VT got rattled. I love their coach though. Great guy and a good possibility for us, if Hurley wasn’t already ours to lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom