UMass Pampering of Tre Mitchell Continues | The Boneyard

UMass Pampering of Tre Mitchell Continues

Reaction Score
We've talked about the downright weird pampering of Tre Mitchell with the decisions Matt McCall has made over the last few months. Hiring Mitchell's former high school coach who is also his mom's boyfriend, signing Tyrone Weeks and Preston Santos, two of Mitchell's teammates in high school...

In continues even more these last few weeks. UMass's first 2020 recruit is Cairo McCrory, Mitchell's former teammate from Woodstock and they've recently picked up another Woodstock player in Cleveland State transfer Dibaji Walker.

My question, have we ever seen a program bend over backwards as much as UMass has to almost transform their program around one recruit? It's almost sickening to me. I don't know much about Tre Mitchell, but based on what UMass has done, this kid is being pampered wayyyy too much (or is it just me?)

Reaction Score
Tyrone Weeks dad was a UMass basketball player (played for UMass when they made their only Final Four)...Tyrone is a legacy.

Reaction Score
UMass is doing what they have to, keep Mitchell happy. Doesn't Duke hire mothers?

Reaction Score
We've talked about the downright weird pampering of Tre Mitchell with the decisions Matt McCall has made over the last few months. Hiring Mitchell's former high school coach who is also his mom's boyfriend, signing Tyrone Weeks and Preston Santos, two of Mitchell's teammates in high school...

In continues even more these last few weeks. UMass's first 2020 recruit is Cairo McCrory, Mitchell's former teammate from Woodstock and they've recently picked up another Woodstock player in Cleveland State transfer Dibaji Walker.

My question, have we ever seen a program bend over backwards as much as UMass has to almost transform their program around one recruit? It's almost sickening to me. I don't know much about Tre Mitchell, but based on what UMass has done, this kid is being pampered wayyyy too much (or is it just me?)

McCrory is underrated and a huge pick up for UMass.

I'm not doubting the pampering of Mitchell though. A lot of that is very weird and has a higher chance of ending badly.

Reaction Score
I see nothing wrong with this. You gotta keep arguably your best player happy. Tre ranks #4 on 247 for UMass’ best players to ever commit in this era. You get the best players you can.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Tried to google this but for some reason I can’t find anything about a UMass final 4 run.
That’s because it was vacated. Marcus Camby received too much calamari benefits.

BCF

Reaction Score

Mccrory never played with Mitchell. He was as Masters school last season

Reaction Score
Marcus Camby lookback: The NCAA rewrites UMass history, erases Final Four appearance

AMHERST - The star of the best University of Massachusetts basketball team in history says he'll repay the school for money it lost through penalties caused by his actions.

But what Marcus Camby won't be able to change is the loss of the school's official designation as a 1996 Final Four team and for that he says he's sorry.

C

Chief00

This is stand-up but sad that Marcus reimbursed these penalties - since he was a teenager when they happened. The coach should have paid that bill.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That’s because it was vacated. Marcus Camby received too much calamari benefits.
It was "vacated" because of Marcus Camby.

Reaction Score
This is a really weird post. I know many employers that 'pamper' their valuable employees. This is precisely the type of treatment that tre mitchel DESERVES for going to UMass.

What's the problem?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Not sure why anyone here cares. Good for them for trying to improve the program. It hasn't been very good in a long time. This doesn't hurt at all

Reaction Score
Lamar Odom, went to Aquinas in New Britain. They brought his HS coach in with him at URI.

Lamar Odom attended and graduated from ST, Thomas Aquinas High School in New Britain, however , he never played a single minute of basketball for them, He was never even on the team. Jerry D. did go to URI with him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom