UMass football - pay day update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UMass football - pay day update

Reaction Score
Shouldve just set up a game this year against Umass, just one game for both Uconn and Umass, couldve had a thanksgiving game for a trophy, a 10:30 am game. Its a free year anyways so no eligibility lost.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Think the disdain for Umass football goes back before this year. It what made the loss in 2018 so bad. I do appreciate the efforts of their alumni in building their performance center and other facility upgrades. 17k stadium is still tough as FBS.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The disdain for a program at least trying to play some games for the benefit of its players only reflects on our insecurity with a terrible decision by any reasonable measure.

or, it means you can balance a checkbook.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Think the disdain for Umass football goes back before this year. It what made the loss in 2018 so bad. I do appreciate the efforts of their alumni in building their performance center and other facility upgrades. 17k stadium is still tough as FBS.
If you want to "do it for the kids" - you make it an intramural sport and bake its expense into the fees. This made no sense to flip from not playing to playing and I just can't see how this isn't a money losing proposition.

There is no real disdain for UMass on this board- in football the disdain is BC and everyone else who shafted us(I am looking at you ACC).

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
If you want to "do it for the kids" - you make it an intramural sport and bake its expense into the fees. This made no sense to flip from not playing to playing and I just can't see how this isn't a money losing proposition.

There is no real disdain for UMass on this board- in football the disdain is BC and everyone else who shafted us(I am looking at you ACC).
'
Don't forget Syracuse who was asked who they wanted and picked Pitt the dirty dogs they are

Reaction Score
Looking at the scores in Syracuse's losses, you might think Liberty is an upper tier ACC team and Georgia Tech would be a candidate for the AAC. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Looking at the scores in Syracuse's losses, you might think Liberty is an upper tier ACC team and Georgia Tech would be a candidate for the AAC. :rolleyes:
3-5 Georgia Tech’s bad, just not nearly as bad as 2-7 Duke.

Saturday, Tech 56 Duke 33.

Reaction Score

Agreed. More referring to their prior resource commitment to supporting a FBS program vs UConn when entering into a BCS conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom