UMass Bus Trip | The Boneyard

UMass Bus Trip

Reaction Score
Hey everyone-
After no trips made sense last year for a bus, we've got one this year! Let me know if you'd be interested in doing a bus trip to UMass.

I'll also be putting together a group ticket block through UMass so you can save a few bucks per ticket and likely end up in a better seat than buying through UConn (since we know the tickets that home teams give their visitors are in such prime locations...).

No details yet just trying to gauge interest before I spend a ton of time on it.

Respond here or email me (ryan@cfbtravel.com) if you have questions!

DrG

Reaction Score
There are not any really bad seats in a 17,000-seat stadium. McGuirk is old and they're trying to put lipstick on a pig, but it's UMass homecoming and the tailgating scene won't be half bad.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1998:

UMass @ UConn

UConn @ UMass

UConn could win the Orange Bowl and 98 would be more entertaining games.

Even Edsall is offended by the UMass loss last year.

UConn beats UMass on road in 19.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
1998:

UMass @ UConn

UConn @ UMass

UConn could win the Orange Bowl and 98 would be more entertaining games.

Even Edsall is offended by the UMass loss last year.

UConn beats UMass on road in 19.
I think this the first time I’ve seen you predict a win.

Reaction Score
OK thanks guys- looks like about 20 which is the minimum I need to do anything. I'm getting bus quotes from a lot of different places since Kelly in Torrington shut down last year. Will get back shortly!

Reaction Score
Depending on the price, I'll be interested. It's been a tough 4 months for me so finances are tight. But I'd like to swing it if I can

Reaction Score
For those visiting, did put together a UMass visitors guide and there is another thread on McGuirk improvements for this year. Have not updated with construction pictures as waiting for the finished product. The small board has been installed on the Performance Center.

Visiting UMass Travel Guide

Reaction Score
what's sad is that I think a few years back, the intent was to keep big rivalry games for umass at Gillette.
the fact this is on campus at the small stadium screams 'Yankee Conference' ....

Reaction Score
It may scream Yankee conference to you, but to us, it screams develop UMass Football on campus. Start getting sell-outs and then have justification to expand McGuirk. College football belongs on campus. Being at Gillette would be more of a home game for you plus most visitors got more excited about Gillette than our players. The payout at Gillette is limited but guarantee at 150k. Not much considering if we sell 10k tickets, we make way more $, Not just the ticket sales, but concessions, parking and atmosphere. Need to develop fun for the students, they are the future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Bus trips are currently on sale. Game time is 3:30pm and we'll follow the general protocol of pick-ups throughout the state (Shelton, Waterbury, West Farms, Manchester) and get there about 3 hours beforehand to tailgate. The bars are over a mile away in downtown and caterers haven't gotten back to me despite reaching out to many so this will be tailgate on your own.

Bus/game ticket package: $110/person
Ticket only: $20/person

Packages are available for purchase on the website- www.cfbtravel.com

Let me know if you have any questions (ryan@cfbtravel.com). Contact me directly for bus packages for groups of 5 or more!

See everyone soon! Go Huskies!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom