UMass AD Bamford: UMass Working On “Robust Scheduling Package” With UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UMass AD Bamford: UMass Working On “Robust Scheduling Package” With UConn

Reaction Score
Blurb from a MassLive article on pay to play games I dropped into the Independent Schedule thread:

>>The Minutemen and UConn aren’t scheduled to play in 2022, but with the Huskies becoming an independent in football, the schools are exploring an annual game. Bamford said he’d consider moving some games around to get that rivalry on the schedule that season. Games are already scheduled for 2019-2021.<<

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I remember when 90% of the posts on this board said we were too good for AAC football.

Now we’re happy to be linked with UMass.

Very sad.

Your entire POV is being upset that you can't go to UConn road games in Texas every year, we all get it and see right through any argument otherwise. You're jumping up and down on your big 10-gallon hat firing six-shooters into the air because UConn took away your lolly.

Reaction Score
Your entire POV is being upset that you can't go to UConn road games in Texas every year, we all get it and see right through any argument otherwise. You're jumping up and down on your big 10-gallon hat firing six-shooters into the air because UConn took away your lolly.

Admittedly I’m the inverse

A UMASS, Army, Maryland, Rutgers, Buffalo, Temple, UNH at the Rent ... maybe a Florida trip us my sweet dreams of football fandom.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
No, I’m upset that our football program gets half the respect it did 10 years ago. If you’re not upset about that, I don’t know why you’re here.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score

A UMASS, Army, Maryland, Rutgers, Buffalo, Temple, UNH at the Rent ... maybe a Florida trip us my sweet dreams of football fandom.
I was hoping/dreaming of UConn becoming a national program. That’s gone. Now we might as well make the most of being a regional program. Bring on Maryland, BC, Buffalo, Ohio, Pitt, UNH, and Towson.

Reaction Score
I like it. Funny how we used poopoo playing UMass and now we need them.

It always made sense however. If you want to grow and sustain the fanbase you need to play games closer to home so that people can easily travel.

Reaction Score
If this was announced five years ago, everyone here would've puked. Now it's seen as a positive.
5 years it would’ve taken up 1 of 4 available spots

Now there are 12 spots. And it’s replacing a game with Tulsa or Tulane.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Same here metsfan2323, even open to CUSA FB only. The MAC seems cold to the idea, but who knows, except they will not share much CFP or media money. Needs to be financial beneficial to the MAC is a line from MAC commissioner Joh Steinbrecher, who is a very good comish and noting a Ohio U. grad.

You do understand cusa is just plain bad and as far as traveling as the aac is?

Reaction Score

I’m with you. That’s a fine enough base to build from.

Reaction Score
That boat has sailed. We need favors from UMass. And I think its mutually beneficial.

I said years ago when UConn was in the Big East (and even in the first few years of the American), don't give UMass legitimacy. Fans were calling for playing them, but that was gonna give them credibility. Now . . .

Reaction Score

Your smug sense of superiority is duly noted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom