Um Yankee Stadium... | The Boneyard

Um Yankee Stadium...

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is it an optical illusion or is that field way too narrow? They are going to put an MLS team there for a while. Yikes.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Friends of mine were there and said it was fantastic.

Reaction Score
I watched the last 15 minutes or so, and the PK's. The environment (in the stands) came across as great, especially the stands so close to the field behind the end line. The field looked meh, and did see narrow (May have been the camera angles and the lack of room from sideline to stands, dunno.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It was narrow. They even mentioned it at the beginning of the broadcast. The grass they put over the infield wasn't very good either. Saw a lot of guys slipping on it. Overall terrible field, looked ridiculous. It's gonna be really sad for NYCFC if they have to play there. I hope they can find something else.

Reaction Score
It was narrow. They even mentioned it at the beginning of the broadcast. The grass they put over the infield wasn't very good either. Saw a lot of guys slipping on it. Overall terrible field, looked ridiculous. It's gonna be really sad for NYCFC if they have to play there. I hope they can find something else.

Based on the fact that both the original stadium idea (located near Citi Field) and the practice facility (located at Manhattanville College) have both been shot down, Yankee Stadium will be NYC FC’s home for at least 3 years for better or worse. Rumor is that the practice facility will be somewhere in Westchester county while finding land within the boundaries and politics of NYC will take 3 to 5 years. Still, I bet that NYC FC has a soccer specific building in place before the Revs do. Kraft seems to be pushing for Boston to get the 2024 summer Olympics so that someone else will build him a soccer stadium (downsized Olympic stadium) for free.

Reaction Score
Based on the fact that both the original stadium idea (located near Citi Field) and the practice facility (located at Manhattanville College) have both been shot down, Yankee Stadium will be NYC FC’s home for at least 3 years for better or worse. Rumor is that the practice facility will be somewhere in Westchester county while finding land within the boundaries and politics of NYC will take 3 to 5 years. Still, I bet that NYC FC has a soccer specific building in place before the Revs do. Kraft seems to be pushing for Boston to get the 2024 summer Olympics so that someone else will build him a soccer stadium (downsized Olympic stadium) for free.

Was sort of hoping that New York City FC threw in the towel and put something in Fairfield County..

Reaction Score
Stadium_Map_V2_ashx_h_800_w_644.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member