UL | The Boneyard

UL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just watched a special on UPS's Worldport located in Louisville, KY. I learned a lot, but what I got most is that of their 9000 employees at that facility, there is not one good looking woman. What the hell was the ACC interested in?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Just watched a special on UPS's Worldport located in Louisville, KY. I learned a lot, but what I got most is that of their 9000 employees at that facility, there is not one good looking woman. What the hell was the ACC interested in?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just read this ESPN article on UL - Kentucky. It basically says that the only people who root for UL in Kentucky is half of Louisville. Anyone outside of Louisville is "the county nut" if they root for UL, according to the UL RADIO ANNOUNCER. This is who got picked for the ACC over us. Un--real. Just makes NO sense. Goes against all conference realignment prior to this happening. Still very bitter obviously.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...sketball-hottest-rivalries-college-basketball

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Just read this ESPN article on UL - Kentucky. It basically says that the only people who root for UL in Kentucky is half of Louisville. Anyone outside of Louisville is "the county nut" if they root for UL, according to the UL RADIO ANNOUNCER. This is who got picked for the ACC over us. Un--real. Just makes NO sense. Goes against all conference realignment prior to this happening. Still very bitter obviously.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...sketball-hottest-rivalries-college-basketball

If not for the BE, everyone would be talking about the bad decisions the ACC is making.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
If not for the BE, everyone would be talking about the bad decisions the ACC is making.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Ville is really good in basketball at least.

But, uh, BC?? Huh?

Reaction Score

You're really lamenting that we didn't escape the horrendous conference of bigtime college sports and so we could undertake a $50 million obligation to become members of the horrible conference?

Reaction Score
You're really lamenting that we didn't escape the horrendous conference of bigtime college sports and so we could undertake a $50 million obligation to become members of the horrible conference?

YES!!!! YES YES YES.

Step 1: Get out of this dumpster fire of the Big East, even if it's only a marginal step up (and huge step up for BBall).
Step 2: Worry about the 50M exit fee IF the B1G comes calling. If they do, we will be able to afford the exit fee (Maryland).

If the ACC is horrible, what would you call our situation?

Reaction Score
If the ACC is horrible, what would you call our situation?

I already called it. Horrendous.

My problem isn't that you and others prefer being the guy who's second from the bottom of the pile to being the guy who's on the bottom. It's the apparent alacrity with which you embrace the repositioning. I simply do not believe that, at this point, it is worth $50 million chips in the pot to join a conference that's right behind the Big East in the whirlpool headed down the drain. A spot in the ACC leftovers with BC, Cuse, Pitt, Miami, Duke, and Wake will be available to us in five years if we're still floundering. If energy from UConn's administration is being wasted trying to board the SS Minnow for a three hour tour of tobacco road, it's not available to secure staterooms on the luxury liner docking in New York harbor as we speak.

Reaction Score
I already called it. Horrendous.

My problem isn't that you and others prefer being the guy who's second from the bottom of the pile to being the guy who's on the bottom. It's the apparent alacrity with which you embrace the repositioning. I simply do not believe that, at this point, it is worth $50 million chips in the pot to join a conference that's right behind the Big East in the whirlpool headed down the drain. A spot in the ACC leftovers with BC, Cuse, Pitt, Miami, Duke, and Wake will be available to us in five years if we're still floundering. If energy from UConn's administration is being wasted trying to board the SS Minnow for a three hour tour of tobacco road, it's not available to secure staterooms on the luxury liner docking in New York harbor as we speak.

Every minute we are pooled and grouped with the leftovers, it is effecting our recruiting in all major sports and our reputation as an athletic department. IMO 1-3 years in ACC is a life raft worth well over 50M in the long run. right now we are just treading in open water. You can only do this for so long.

If you don't feel this way, I commend your long term view of the situation. Unfortunately, no one in the media, and no teenagers, think this way.

I like to think that once we get our house in order on the football side, and our academic improvements lead to an AAU invite, the B1G will come calling. If this happens in 2015, though, who knows where we will be. Look at what has happened media-wise to our perception in basketball and football in LESS THAN 2 YEARS! Our own fans forget that we won an National Championship and went to the Fiesta Bowl in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom