UL-UK game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UL-UK game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Have you heard of Aaron Craft, William Buford, or DeShaun Thomas? Ohio State is the most complete team right now as long as Sullinger is healthy.

And if Kentucky isn't NC good, they're very close. And they will be NC good by March.

No I never heard of them, who are they? Is Aaron the guy who invented Kraft cheese? Is William a Civil War general? Was DeShaun named after a Syracuse player?

Ohio State looks good now but teams with one big stud in the middle and not enough around him get bounced in the tourney.

It's all about the guards. UConn will only go as far as Napier, Lamb and Boatright will take them. And I'd take UConn's guards over Ohio State's any day.

Reaction Score
Thanks for letting us know that college football games don't count. It so happened once long long ago that UConn was run off the court by a team and ended up being better than that team later on. Kentucky met UNC twice this year? Amazing.

This isn't professional sports. Last year's game means nada. Plus, Kentucky won by 1 at home. BFD.

You watch this Kentucky team and they are great athletically but they are not as formidable as last year's Kentucky team. I was surprised they let Louisville hang around as long as they did, with Louisville missing shot after shot.

Duke has all the ingredients.
I think he means twice in this calendar year (this season, last year's E8).

Regardless. I'm not sold at all on Duke. Any team with an inside game and a solid perimeter defender will pwn them (see Ohio State).

They are better than I thought they'd be, but they have a long way to go to be legitimate title contenders, IMO.

Reaction Score
Funny thing happened sat. afternoon Ohio St. lost to Indiana and Yes Anthony Davis is getting so much the benefit o f every call by every freaking college ref in the country . He fouls continuously , over the back and hacking the arms . He must foul 20 times a game and called for none . Refs have bought in to the hype.

Reaction Score
Thanks for letting us know that college football games don't count. It so happened once long long ago that UConn was run off the court by a team and ended up being better than that team later on. Kentucky met UNC twice this year? Amazing.

This isn't professional sports. Last year's game means nada. Plus, Kentucky won by 1 at home. BFD.

You watch this Kentucky team and they are great athletically but they are not as formidable as last year's Kentucky team. I was surprised they let Louisville hang around as long as they did, with Louisville missing shot after shot.

Duke has all the ingredients.

Sorry, but I think your assesment is a bit off. Duke is a very good team, and with the right draw (much like 2010), you could see them getting to the final four and possibly winning it. But I don't think they are on the same level as Cuse, Ohio State, Kentucky, or North Carolina. Although Mason Plumlee's emergance makes Duke a real threat, they just don't have the athleticism to beat the four that I mentioned, or even UConn if they manage to put it all together. The key to beating Duke is to run them off the three point line. If you do that, most of their guys (with the exception of Austin Rivers) can't finish at the rim, and don't have the talent to beat you one on one.

Kentucky has the benefit of having four guys (Lamb, Jones, Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist) who are probably All-Americans, or at least would be on another team. They have two others in Teague and Miller who are very good players in their own right. There are only three teams (UConn, UNC, Baylor) who have the length and team speed to match them if they play their A game. Syracuse and Ohio State are IMO, closer to reaching their potential than the other teams that I mentioned. I still think Kentucky, UNC, and UConn are the best teams come March, with Ohio State and Syracuse closely following.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but I think your assesment is a bit off. Duke is a very good team, and with the right draw (much like 2010), you could see them getting to the final four and possibly winning it. But I don't think they are on the same level as Cuse, Ohio State, Kentucky, or North Carolina. Although Mason Plumlee's emergance makes Duke a real threat, they just don't have the athleticism to beat the four that I mentioned, or even UConn if they manage to put it all together. The key to beating Duke is to run them off the three point line. If you do that, most of their guys (with the exception of Austin Rivers) can't finish at the rim, and don't have the talent to beat you one on one.

Kentucky has the benefit of having four guys (Lamb, Jones, Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist) who are probably All-Americans, or at least would be on another team. They have two others in Teague and Miller who are very good players in their own right. There are only three teams (UConn, UNC, Baylor) who have the length and team speed to match them if they play their A game. Syracuse and Ohio State are IMO, closer to reaching their potential than the other teams that I mentioned. I still think Kentucky, UNC, and UConn are the best teams come March, with Ohio State and Syracuse closely following.

Kentucky All-Americans? No. Baylor is totally faux, not very good. They play in a soft league. Ohio State has the problems I've already mentioned above and which showed in the game last night. You contain Sullinger by putting multiple guys on him to shut him down. He was 3 of 5 and had to make the rest up from the free throw line. The rest of the team isn't strong enough to hurt you. This is a story written many times over in the NCAAs. Again, I don't think Kentucky will be there because they don't play smart ball. Their defense this year isn't nearly as tough as last year's D.

Reaction Score
Kentucky All-Americans? No. Baylor is totally faux, not very good. They play in a soft league. Ohio State has the problems I've already mentioned above and which showed in the game last night. You contain Sullinger by putting multiple guys on him to shut him down. He was 3 of 5 and had to make the rest up from the free throw line. The rest of the team isn't strong enough to hurt you. This is a story written many times over in the NCAAs. Again, I don't think Kentucky will be there because they don't play smart ball. Their defense this year isn't nearly as tough as last year's D.

I think Kentucky's defense is extremely good. What games have you watched where you haven't been impressed with their defenes? Anthony Davis just takes that defense from good to great. Nobody in the country has a shot blocker like him. I couldn't disagree more on Ohio State. They have arguably the best offense in the country. William Buford and Deshaun Thomas are a lot better than they showed yesterday.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest knock on OSU is that they don't have an elite wing that can just take over. UNC has Barnes, UConn has Lamb, and UK has about 5 of them. And UK is probably the best defensive team of all the elite squads in my eyes. I hate it but they have a damn good team this year.

Reaction Score
I think Kentucky's defense is extremely good. What games have you watched where you haven't been impressed with their defenes? Anthony Davis just takes that defense from good to great. Nobody in the country has a shot blocker like him. I couldn't disagree more on Ohio State. They have arguably the best offense in the country. William Buford and Deshaun Thomas are a lot better than they showed yesterday.

I've watched Kentucky 4 times so far, and I see them matador defense that lane over and over, giving up bunnies. Louisville couldn't shoot from outside and yet Louisville hung close with inside shots.

As for OSU, Indy played them the way I suggested they be played before the game even started. Hack Sullinger, limit his shots, and the others won't hurt you. And that's what Indy did.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest knock on OSU is that they don't have an elite wing that can just take over. UNC has Barnes, UConn has Lamb, and UK has about 5 of them.
Not so sure I agree with that. William Buford is pretty darn good. What wing on Kentucky is better than Buford?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom