Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Philidelphia

Votes: 44 95.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

We would beat UK if we played. Cal is a phenomenal recruiter- terrible coach.

Reaction Score
Most NBA teams would absolutely destroy an all-American college team let alone a single school. BUT the way the NBA is now, and considering how bad the East is, Philly is still historically bad, so its at least is somewhat of a question. Philly's roster isn't that much older than KY and few of their guys were college stars. The bottom feeders in the East now are just a roster full of one or two and doners with limited skills but lots of upside.

In addition, Ky's biggest advantage is their size, which wouldnt be as apparent against Philly as it is against college teams. From a skill standpoint, Ky is nothing special, its just that they are so big and athletic that they simply overpower college teams on the boards and on defense. This wouldn't happen against an NBA team.

I was very impressed by KY against Kansas, but they still don't even have a single great player. Just 9 or 10 deep of good players that are huge and athletic. But none of them are anything special individually. If you take the best players under Calipari (Memphis and Ky) this team doesn't even have anyone in the top 10. (rose, wall, cousins, davis, mkg, bledsoe, jones, wagner, cdr, randle. that's 10 without even thinking about it)

Philly would definitely win.

Reaction Score
This poll is actually on the front page of ESPN (bottom). More people have voted for UK than Philly (as of now) 54% to 46%
As George Carlin once said, "Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that half of them are stupider than that."

Reaction Score
Throw in the International factor of the draft to this analysis and the numbers are even worse for Kentucky's argument.

Very true, taking into account international transfers and such, it's closer to 4% maybe and that assumes all things are equal. In reality, inside the P5 and several other conferences (American, A-10, etc.), its likely around 4% while players outside those conferences it likely below 1%.

Reaction Score
So UK beat Kansas easily, who is built off freshmen and sophomores who haven't proven near anything and all of a sudden UK is an NBA team? Who's to say Kansas is great? Because they were preseason ranked #5? I saw the game like everybody else and ya UK looked long and athletic for a college team but Kansas made a lot of mistakes. This is just dumb. Why make a poll on this. Make a thread addressing the poor media's interpretation of what's going on in basketball right now rather than feeding into this garbage.

Reaction Score
Philly would dominate. This question gets asked almost yearly at this point. Sixers are likely better at 90% of the roster spots if not 100%. Add that to added years in the gym and a coach who does more than roll a ball out and you have a recipe for an absolute dismantling of UK. The public voting for UK on ESPN's poll is just utterly laughable.

I'm a philly guy and have watched the sixers numerous times this year. They are a bad NBA team no doubt but they would run the table in the NCAA if really given the opportunity.

Reaction Score
ESPN has a poll and something like 54% of people think Kentucky would beat Philly in a 7 game series, more proof of how stupid people are.

Reaction Score
ESPN has a poll and something like 54% of people think Kentucky would beat Philly in a 7 game series, more proof of how stupid people are.

Third option should be .....who cares

Just think we have 4 1/2 months to listen to this crap, every game, no matter who is playing.

Reaction Score
An oddsmaker has said today that Philly would be favored by 16.5 using NBA rules and 10.5 under NCAA rules.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
From the same people who voted for Bush II twice and Obama twice...
I'm guessing there may not be a whole lot of overlap on the last two.

Reaction Score
So you have a year where you have a terrible NBA team and potentially dominant college team. I'd be surprised if UK could stay within 10 points in any game. Bigger question, who gives 2 FACKs

Reaction Score
I think this is a legit matchup. I say UK has a chance to beat the sixers and this is the first time ive actually thought a college team could possibly beat an nba team.
You're an idiot. And I don't usually call people that, but you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom