UHart is hosting whooo tonight? Local high school power mention as well | The Boneyard

UHart is hosting whooo tonight? Local high school power mention as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
UHart has Penn State coming to town this evening. Good for them...and good for PSU to agree
to come to an away game with UHart. PSU has fallen this season and may not be able to get up.
So far they have been dreadful...a chance for UHart to steal a win.

Local high school power Capital Prep was ranked state #1 in the Courant a few days ago.
No surprise there. They have been undefeated the last 2 years and have senior Kiah
Gillespie back [Maryland] and junior Desiree Elmore as well [Syracuse verbal].
The article said they have 7 out of state opponents this season. I was hoping they could
grab an invitation to a national biggie...like the Nike event coming up... but I guess that didn't happen.
They do play CTK of NYC on Dec. 29....I think it is a home game for Cap Prep. I wonder if that might be at UHart for a bigger gym?

CTK has been good to UConn...I wonder if they have any underclass kids we are looking at?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I know I should be rooting for State Penn as a B1G representative . . . but no. Go Hartford.

Hartford incidentally seems a puzzle to me. Some quite good years, some, um, quite bad. I'm not expecting them to (necessarily) be a Marist / MTSU / Princeton type, but some years have not even been good in conference. From afar, I don't know enough as to why they can't get (consistently) over the hump.

Reaction Score
Hartford gets the win 62/57. They had a 24 point lead in the 2nd half and had to hang on for the win.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I know I should be rooting for State Penn as a B1G representative . . . but no. Go Hartford.

Hartford incidentally seems a puzzle to me. Some quite good years, some, um, quite bad. I'm not expecting them to (necessarily) be a Marist / MTSU / Princeton type, but some years have not even been good in conference. From afar, I don't know enough as to why they can't get (consistently) over the hump.
Has I think mostly to do with recruits - very small school in a very bad state for HS talent (based on competition rules for HS basketball at least partly.) And some luck - I believe there have been injuries to 'stars' in a few years.

Reaction Score
No post play due to injuries for 3 years now. Years back, Jen had some good post players. Those years Hartford got to the NCAA tournament. For some reason she has not had post players. Maybe it is harder to get post players. She always seems to be able to have good guards.

Reaction Score
UHart hasn't had a very good team since 2009-2010 with Diana Delva and Erica Beverly. I'm wondering if her recruiting has gone down since Jen's activity with USA Basketball. They only have two players on their roster now that are 6'2"" or above I believe and Roth is on her third ACL. I find their guards have been very turnover prone the last few years also. Just not as much talent as they had at one time with players like Ikea Witt or Danielle Hood.

Reaction Score
Correct, Lanieer.I just hope that time and opportunity has not past Jen bye. She could have had the PENN St. And the BC jobs but passed them up for the family
ITALIANS. Family first. Gotta love that.

mr006

Reaction Score
"Local high school power Capital Prep was ranked state #1 in the Courant a few days ago... They do play CTK of NYC on Dec. 29....I think it is a home game for Cap Prep. I wonder if that might be at UHart for a bigger gym?"

The two schedules I've seen show it at Braintree MA... CTK plays Braintree the day before. So maybe a holiday tournament?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Wondering if Sadie would consider UHart or is she looking for a more high profile school?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Unfortunately for Jen beating Penn State is meaningless this year including losses to Albany, St. Bonaventure and Samford at home in State College. Penn State is now 2-7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom