UH OH...Jasmine Dixon... | The Boneyard

UH OH...Jasmine Dixon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Oh no! Tough break for her and UCLA. Best wishes with surgery and rehab.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tough break for Jasmine and UCLA. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
another one - boy that is just awful. hope she recovers 100% and is able to come back next year...

Reaction Score
Another blow for UCLA following departure of Caldwell. Looks like USC is only possible challenger to Stanford.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
That hurts! I see USC making the jump this season as the #2 behind Stanford. Especially if their recruiting in the 2012 class goes as I think it might!

Cooper doing a better job out there than I anticipated.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I would say that 2nd in Pac12 is between USC and Cal. I do not think this is a strong conference, again. At best there are three teams in the NCAA Tournament and that is if both Cal and USC dominate the other 9 teams in the Pac12 not named Stanford.
USC might be thin in depth, as they were last year. If they have the people who "I hope" are going to be there they will be fine. Their roster lists 14, but I am pretty sure only 10 are playing and two of those ten are questionable for health issues from last year.

Cal will be much more relaxed since Boyle left for Virginia. I saw Cal play last season and they looked like a team that wanted no part of playing, at times. However Cal also has some question marks in returning players from injuries and incoming freshman. I see only 6 girls on their current roster who got playing time last year. I saw a video of the coaches showing their Swag at a recent team retreat. It looks like the team is bonding well, see the end of the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMaiBy3fxOA

With UCLA losing Dixon, one of the underated leaders in WCBB, and losing their two best guards to graduation, I cant see them better than 4th in the Pac 10. Dixon is as solid player as there is at SF.
Washington lost their best player, Kingma, to an ACL.
ASU lost their coach and their two best players and are not getting top recruits(except for the relative of IceBear who I hope is healthy).
UA lost two or three of their best players. Also not getting top recruits.
I am pretty sure the others are at best average. Thats average for the Pac12.

One intersting note on a 2012 recruit Jordan Adams. She cancelled her visit to Duke this weekend and instead is going to Washington. Duke is supposedly rescheduled for another weekend. I dont know how to read this as I was certain she was a lock to go to USC or UCLA. She had officials the past two weekends to each school. I wonder if she has question marks on both and thus added UW. I cant see her at Tennessee with Summits status up in air.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Washington is where Kevin McGuff from Xavier went, right?

I can see him turning things around there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom