Ugh - Not the Bottom Ten Again. Say it Can't be So? What Say You? | The Boneyard

Ugh - Not the Bottom Ten Again. Say it Can't be So? What Say You?

Reaction Score
Just when we thought we'd seen the last UCONN sighting of ESPN writer Ryan McGee's Bottom Ten column, we're back in at number 10. Bottom 10: Tennessee gets stuck in The Swamp again

Although you have to admit it, McGee can write and has some funny takes. The Pillow Fight of the Century Game with UMESS has gotten old though.

Just when we gain momentum with the program, we get sucked right back in to being an afterthought in the college football dumpster fire column. We can't be here every week in 2023. Need wins starting against the Dookies this Saturday. Maybe the torrential rains help.

Need to get McGee focusing his attention against other dumpster fires.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They've earned it so far with two losses to teams who are bad. And both those bad teams clearly played better than UConn.

Solution is to look in the mirror, square and make tackles, and have an offense that resembles something almost every school has been able to do for the past decade.

Reaction Score
Just when we thought we'd seen the last UCONN sighting of ESPN writer Ryan McGee's Bottom Ten column, we're back in at number 10. Bottom 10: Tennessee gets stuck in The Swamp again

Although you have to admit it, McGee can write and has some funny takes. The Pillow Fight of the Century Game with UMESS has gotten old though.

Just when we gain momentum with the program, we get sucked right back in to being an afterthought in the college football dumpster fire column. We can't be here every week in 2023. Need wins starting against the Dookies this Saturday. Maybe the torrential rains help.

Need to get McGee focusing his attention against other dumpster fires.
The Sopranos Quote GIF

Reaction Score
Hahaha. I like the bottom 10 articles. I don’t want to be in the bottom 10 of course. But we earned it

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Me say it suck and me want better.

I remember Jesse Ventura used to say "Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat." I'm not above a little dirty play.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Me say "who cares?"
At least it's a place we're comfortable in, I guess. We worked our way out before, and we'll do it again. If the team was playing good football and wound up in the bottom ten, then it's a big deal. Playing like they have the past three games, it's only right. It's our very own Escape Room....work together and solve the puzzle, and you get out.

Reaction Score
I know it bothers Mora. He has committed to getting better and doing away with the loser mentality.
It’s going to take a little time. We got a taste last year. We’re hungry now. Let’s get at it and watch the growth.

Looking forward to some adjustments this week.

Reaction Score

-> After the loss Saturday, Mora raised some eyebrows in saying he would not allow the UConn program to descend back to where it was. This gave the cynical their chance to say, “too late, it already has.” ESPN confirmed that, in its way, by dropping UConn back among the 10 worst programs in FBS football.

It’s hard to believe that could happen so quickly, after the Huskies opened the season with high hopes and put forth a respectable effort against NC State. But UConn is in a unique, tricky place. It labors under the illusion that the school can score a power-conference invitation by winning this game, or that (even though it doesn’t work that way), or on the other hand, should consider dropping football to FCS, or altogether, by losing this game, or that (even though that’s not happening).

Tough way to run a program, but it’s where UConn is, and must start this week to play itself up and out of the dark place into which it has fallen. If the Huskies can play as well against Duke as they did against NC State, that would be a start. <-

Assistance <<

Last edited:

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
"It labors under the illusion that the school can score a power-conference invitation by winning this game..."

Who on earth thinks that???

Reaction Score

-> After the loss Saturday, Mora raised some eyebrows in saying he would not allow the UConn program to descend back to where it was. This gave the cynical their chance to say, “too late, it already has.” ESPN confirmed that, in its way, by dropping UConn back among the 10 worst programs in FBS football.

It’s hard to believe that could happen so quickly, after the Huskies opened the season with high hopes and put forth a respectable effort against NC State. But UConn is in a unique, tricky place. It labors under the illusion that the school can score a power-conference invitation by winning this game, or that (even though it doesn’t work that way), or on the other hand, should consider dropping football to FCS, or altogether, by losing this game, or that (even though that’s not happening).

Tough way to run a program, but it’s where UConn is, and must start this week to play itself up and out of the dark place into which it has fallen. If the Huskies can play as well against Duke as they did against NC State, that would be a start. <-

Assistance <<

I understand that we’ve had a tough start and it may be justified, but the continued negative coverage from the Courant bothers me.

Reaction Score
No one expected UConn to beat NC State. Imagine the odds and the bad luck in scheduling should we get to the end of the season and Georgia State, FIU and NC State or Duke are all conference champions. All I'm saying is these losses may not turn out to be so bad even though UConn looked like sheet. Go out and beat Duke and get some mojo back.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
No one expected UConn to beat NC State. Imagine the odds and the bad luck in scheduling should we get to the end of the season and Georgia State, FIU and NC State or Duke are all conference champions. All I'm saying is these losses may not turn out to be so bad even though UConn looked like sheet. Go out and beat Duke and get some mojo back.
Yeah Georgia State looks legit. 4-0 after beating Coastal last night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom