UEFA Nations League | The Boneyard

UEFA Nations League

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So I figure England-Croatia would be a good match. Didn't know until I tuned in that there was no crowd due a suspension. Soccer without a crowd is brutal. I only could take watching one half.

Reaction Score
So I figure England-Croatia would be a good match. Didn't know until I tuned in that there was no crowd due a suspension. Soccer without a crowd is brutal. I only could take watching one half.

Painting a Swastica in the middle of one's home pitch is generally frowned upon. I think this is a first for Croatia and hopefully their fans will learn. I believe Russia and Serbia have had multiple infractions over the last few years, though, not surprisingly, CSKA Moscow has gotten then penalty reduced (allowed a partial audience) for Champions League games twice.

Reaction Score
Painting a Swastica in the middle of one's home pitch is generally frowned upon. I think this is a first for Croatia and hopefully their fans will learn. I believe Russia and Serbia have had multiple infractions over the last few years, though, not surprisingly, CSKA Moscow has gotten then penalty reduced (allowed a partial audience) for Champions League games twice.
There has been a resurgence of nationalism in Croatia over the past 3 years, as evidenced by the increased public appearance of the Ustashe motto "za dom spremni", and the increased volume of ultra-nationalist politicians trying to copy the success of Victor Orban (who interestingly started out as a democratic populist but veered right when he saw what it would do for his political career).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom