UCTV player breakdown: Ines | The Boneyard

UCTV player breakdown: Ines

sun

Reaction Score
IMO Inez will prove to be mercurial in the most positive ways meaning "someone who is clever, lively, and quick."

Mercury is the fastest moving planet and perhaps as the youngest player on the team she's also the most fearless.
I highly doubt that she came came to UConn just to enjoy the ride, especially in this year of need.
She wants to prove herself and has some BB talent to display.
I can't wait to see her do some good things on the court to help out the team.
Those will be special moments for her to shine.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
What does she call Nika, a Big. Ines shoots alot like Caitlin Clark. Wouldn't it be nice if she made them like Clark. You may laugh, but we really don't know. mmm

Reaction Score
This young woman crossed an ocean to come to a strange country just to maybe sit on a bench and watch other young women play basketball. The most likely scenario has her entering games safely won in the last quarter just to give the “real” players a rest and not let them get injured for no reason.
Barring another set of freak injuries she’ll ride the pine for the BE and NCAA tourneys.
She could have stayed in Europe and made good bucks, played regularly and maybe made a name for herself.
But at the last minute as a result of Paige’s injury, she hopped a flight and came anyway.
She must REALLY want to be a Husky.
I for one am intrigued to see what she’s got to contribute.
Considering how Ines has been willing to throw the dice and not be afraid to risk failure, I will be pulling for # 21 through whatever painful learning process and freshman mistakes might occur.
I could be wrong, but there must be something to her that will be worth watching.
Guess Geno thinks so, too.

Reaction Score
I suspect coming to pretty much any D1 team would have been attractive to her given what her previous plan was. It must have felt like winning the lottery that it was Geno and UConn who contacted her. I hope she finds motivation in that sudden change of fortunes.

And just how had she gone unnoticed by other D1 programs?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I generally love Bri’s pieces, but she lost me when she said Ines was UConn’s only true point guard.

I’m holding up on drawing any conclusions about Ines. Right now as far as I’m concerned she could be really good or not so good. We should begin to get some indication in the next month or two.

Reaction Score
This young woman crossed an ocean to come to a strange country just to maybe sit on a bench and watch other young women play basketball. The most likely scenario has her entering games safely won in the last quarter just to give the “real” players a rest and not let them get injured for no reason.
Barring another set of freak injuries she’ll ride the pine for the BE and NCAA tourneys.
She could have stayed in Europe and made good bucks, played regularly and maybe made a name for herself.
But at the last minute as a result of Paige’s injury, she hopped a flight and came anyway.
She must REALLY want to be a Husky.
I for one am intrigued to see what she’s got to contribute.
Considering how Ines has been willing to throw the dice and not be afraid to risk failure, I will be pulling for # 21 through whatever painful learning process and freshman mistakes might occur.
I could be wrong, but there must be something to her that will be worth watching.
Guess Geno thinks so, too.
Wow! Talk about “damning with faint praise”! I’m pretty sure Ines is a “real” player and if I liked her before (I did) now I’m rooting for her even more! Would those be the same “freshman mistakes” every freshman makes? To quote the inimitable Cher from Clueless, “that was way harsh”.

Reaction Score
Wow! Talk about “damning with faint praise”! I’m pretty sure Ines is a “real” player and if I liked her before (I did) now I’m rooting for her even more! Would those be the same “freshman mistakes” every freshman makes? To quote the inimitable Cher from Clueless, “that was way harsh”.
My reference to “real” players was meant to be representative of comparative expectations.
Nobody expects Ines to start and, unless we get hit by the injury tornado 2 years in a row, she will probably sit and hold the clipboard.
Oh, yeah, and watch and learn.
And my reference to “freshman mistakes” should have been self-explanatory.
They all make them, even the ones who turn out to be stellar athletes.
The whole point of my post was to suggest that Ines might turn out to be more than an asterisk on the roster. And to show appreciation of her willingness to grab opportunity when it comes her way.
I’ll be gracious and assume that my articulation might be lacking.
Glad we can both cheer loudly when #21 sinks her first bucket.
And maybe more.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom