Uconn's WBB Mastermind at Work | The Boneyard

Uconn's WBB Mastermind at Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think we can expect an all-out full court press a-salt in the next game, and KML plans to stick a knife in any opponent's rally by peppering the basket with 3-pointers.

After further analysis of the intel, I think you may be on to something. And, apparently by using the blue tablecloth, stealth camo techniques have been employed to confuse McCallie's Marauders, should any of them they get a peak at this.

Reaction Score
So, who do you think is represented by the big glass of water? Is that Stewie amongst the mere mortals represented by the salt and pepper shakers?

Reaction Score
After further analysis of the intel, I think you may be on to something. And, apparently by using the blue tablecloth, stealth camo techniques have been employed to confuse McCallie's Marauders, should any of them they get a peak at this.
All you have to do to confuse Coach McCallie is have the UConn players switch numbers. Let's have Stewie and TLaw switch numbers. Maybe Ekmark and KML can switch too. Give Kiah Mo's number. It would be great fun to watch them try to figure out who they are supposed to guard since they only know the players by number. I could see Coach P yelling at her players now: guard #30, no, not THE number the 30, the player that usually wears number 30 who is wearing #20.

Reaction Score
Just for the record, before anyone suggest that I really do live under a rock, I actually know how to spell peak ...I mean peek. As the saying goes, some days are diamonds, some days are stones. (pun intended)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So, who do you think is represented by the big glass of water? Is that Stewie amongst the mere mortals represented by the salt and pepper shakers?
I was gonna say, damn, whoever is represented by the waterglass is HUGE! Hope she's on our team. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A I could see Coach P yelling at her players now: guard #30, no, not THE number the 30, the player that usually wears number 30 who is wearing #20.
"Double team #30".
"No, the other #30."
"No, the #30 that looks like a #20."
"Nevermind, just double team #20."
"Ah forget it, we're already down 25."

Reaction Score
From my playing days: Many a table/utensil became a makeshift court
Knife = baseline
Glass = basket
salt shakers = team taking ball out
black shakers = team on defense

Reaction Score
A tall glass of water isn't a compliment. ;^)

T

TroyHouse66

Sorta gives new meaning to our concept of "Movers and Shakers"... eh*

(* Written in Canadian in solidarity with #11**)
(** Pronounced "Player #one-one" in remote areas of the Carolinas)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
"The Huskies outran the Blue Devils, using pressure defense to force 22 turnovers while outscoring Duke 17-2 on the fast break." . . . . "Mosqueda-Lewis' first 3-pointer, just less than six minutes into the game, highlighted a 17-2 UConn run that put the Huskies up 19-8. . . . She finished 4-of-9 from behind the arc."

I hate to brag (actually, no I don't), but I do believe I nailed the game strategy against Duke from one glance at the OP pic. Hope that the Huskies' future opponents won't use the same method to get prepared.

Reaction Score
"Double team #30".
"No, the other #30."
"No, the #30 that looks like a #20."
"Nevermind, just double team #20."
"Ah forget it, we're already down 25."
I was at the game and I could have sworn I heard Coach P yell "when is our #1 gonna have a big game against a top 25 opponent!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom